Author Topic: Playmobil Cameo in Toy Story Hawaiian Vacation?  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil Cameo in Toy Story Hawaiian Vacation?
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 23:49:34 »
I thought they were Lego, too  :( That short was really cute, and the Cars movie was also very cute! For whatever reason, young boys are very into cars. Other toys, based on my son's interest, have come and gone quickly, but Cars has been constant for 2 years. I don't know what it is. As long as it has wheels....
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 17:23:57 »
You mean popular in the US, I assume, cause Lego is not american..

yeah i know, it's danish - and popular is indeed what i meant - lego seems to be more assimilated into the american culture than playmobil (just as in many other countries...)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 07:28:44 »
Though its showing its age , Bug's Life is by far the very best animated story i have personally seen so far !  :) :) :) :) :)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 14:54:34 »
I thought they were Lego, too  :( That short was really cute, and the Cars movie was also very cute! For whatever reason, young boys are very into cars. Other toys, based on my son's interest, have come and gone quickly, but Cars has been constant for 2 years. I don't know what it is. As long as it has wheels....

I've seen this with my nephew too, he's 4.5 years old now, but 'Cars' is still his absolute favourite movie and merchandise/toy. I think it was one of his very first words, along with 'auto' (which means car in Dutch  :))

Personally, I think the Toy Story series is just genius. I just watched TS 3 yesterday and was wondering if Playmobil would ever appear in it. I was quite excited to read this topic, but alas, definitely Lego...

But to my surprise, the old Playmobil castle does get a mention in the novel I'm reading ('Caesarion' by Tommy Wieringa, a Dutch writer), quite funny to see it mentioned in literature ;D