Author Topic: How do I take my neutral background pics?  (Read 2223 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
How do I take my neutral background pics?
« on: February 25, 2012, 17:44:52 »
I was asked by bonnie how I take my neutral background pics and I promise to post some pics of the making-of but sadly I had no time before my vacations.
So here it is.

It is a very simple process as shown in these pictures from the swimsuits shooting.

I place a color paper on a movable base and stick it with tape. The other end of the paper taped to the wall.
The movable base makes it versatile to have a more defined or smoother division between floor and back wall moving the base closer or farer from the wall. The farer form the back wall the smoother the result.
Focusing with the cam on the clickies you kinda loose the back and you get a neutral colored background.

;D

Simple, right?
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: How do I take my neutral background pics?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 17:57:09 »
You remembered! :yippee: Thanks, Gaston! Extremely simple, and I like the effect very much. If you don't want to make a project of setting up an elaborate backdrop, totally neutral works great. I may use your idea. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 17:58:24 »
You remembered! :yippee: Thanks, Gaston! Extremely simple, and I like the effect very much. If you don't want to make a project of setting up an elaborate backdrop, totally neutral works great. I may use your idea. ;D

you are welcome bb, of course use it !!!  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 17:59:26 »
Very clever, very simple and very efficient Gaston!!! Thank you for sharing this technic!!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 19:44:09 »
Excellent instructions, Gaston! It reminds me of the one I did as a joke a while back! :-[

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3321.msg39250#msg39250
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 19:45:48 »
Thanks for sharing! Will try it too! One of my targets this year is making pictures without backgrounds of the interior of my house or a something else in it.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 20:37:00 »
Yep works a treat. It's the method I've been using at Animobil since the start. I had to turn the paper sideways today to fit in all the elephants for a single shot now that the mammoths are finally here

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 21:54:53 »
Excellent instructions, Gaston! It reminds me of the one I did as a joke a while back! :-[

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3321.msg39250#msg39250

:lol: that's a great thread Bill!

Guys, it is a really goodfective and ef method, used by photographers for portraits and fashion shots... nothing I invented!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 22:47:09 »
Yeah, I've had my picture taken on a life-size one of those in a studio before. Not paper of course. :lol: But a curved white backdrop like that, made of plaster.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.