Author Topic: Identifying spelling errors in posts  (Read 2283 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Identifying spelling errors in posts
« on: March 31, 2010, 18:34:38 »
At one time typos and spelling errors were highlighted by red underlines.  Recently, this has disappeared when typing my posts, although last night it suddenly reappeared but has now gone again.  Presumably, I have turned something off at some time and then turned it back on last night and now off again.  Can anyone help, please?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Re: Identifying spelling errors in posts
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 19:17:36 »
Gord, what browser are you using?
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 20:09:59 »
Gord, what browser are you using?

I'm using FireFox, but I always have since before PF existed.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 23:28:19 »
Good :) If you right-click on an input box (where you type things), you'll see "Check Spelling" in the drop-down menu. I bet yours has no check-mark next to it - just check it on. Alternatively: Tools menu, Options, Advanced icon, General tab, "Check spelling as I type".
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 07:19:34 »
Thanks, Heather.  However, right click in an input box didn't have a "check spelling" option; the other route showed that I already had the "check spelling as I type" box ticked.  The plot thickens!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 16:39:42 »
I googled "Firefox "check spelling" disappears" and found a few more things to check:

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/232040

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 16:50:05 »
I googled "Firefox "check spelling" disappears" and found a few more things to check:

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/232040

I'll follow this up, although today the red underlining of typos has re-appeared!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 18:59:35 »
I'll follow this up, although today the red underlining of typos has re-appeared!

And today they've disappeared!   ???