Author Topic: I'm so Angry!  (Read 3250 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
I'm so Angry!
« on: February 26, 2010, 16:39:22 »
Hi,
Just recieved a 4087 THW set in the post today, and I am very angry at it >:( >:( >:(
For starters none of the hub caps (wheel centres etc) stay in the wheels, they fall straight out, and secondly there is a nasty area of white on the front wing of the truck where there should be blue paint. The windscreen also has a nasty scratch down the middle and the roof and side of boat are also scratched.
I know nothing can be done about this, as it is just due to the pieces being slung in the box with no packaging, but is there a solution to the wheels problem?

I am just so angry as any THW set costs a lot of money if you don't live in Germany, and I feel so angry at Playmobil >:D >:( >:( >:(

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: I'm so Angry!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 16:46:23 »
Hi,
Just recieved a 4087 THW set in the post today, and I am very angry at it >:( >:( >:(
For starters none of the hub caps (wheel centres etc) stay in the wheels, they fall straight out,  but is there a solution to the wheels problem?

HI

Sorry to hear about you banged up set. I too would be upset if I received a set like that. It is hard to get one New in the US and I would really get mad if I was to open it and find it in that condition.

The wheels caps can be tightened up so they stay in the rims. You stretch open the tabs with a little heat.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 16:52:15 »
The wheels caps can be tightened up so they stay in the rims. You stretch open the tabs with a little heat.
Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Thanks for the advice Ras, what do you recommend as a source of this heat, as I don't want to bust them and have to order some new ones ???

Offline pingo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 17:47:47 »
Hi,
For starters none of the hub caps (wheel centres etc) stay in the wheels, they fall straight out, but is there a solution to the wheels problem?
Hi flatcat  :wave:
I got the same problem
see what Bill suggested http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2610.msg29753#msg29753
I had not tried it yet :-[  just haven't had time

Pingo
I'm just not into baby blue cars

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 20:06:51 »
Sorry to hear the news, flatcat.  The hubcaps can be glued in place with two-pack epoxy resin.  That's the system I used with my 4082 THW mega-set.

Did you buy off eBay?  If so, the seller may offer a returns service for cases like this.  Also, if you paid with PayPal, then you are protected against damaged goods.  There are procedures to follow, e.g. raise the problem with the seller first, however.  Let me know if you think I might be able to help in anyway.

The bodywork of the towing vehicle is injection-moulded in blue plastic so the white may well be a scuff off the boat trailer. (On my 4821 fire engine there was a red scuff on the white roof.)  For a darker colour to scuff with a lighter one is unusual, but if it is a scuff it should polish off using T-Cut, a paint restorer for cars.  If it isn't a scuff, then it sounds as if it may be a stress mark and that won't polish out.  Don't try any of these until you have tried to solve the situation.

If the worst comes to the worst, you could always spray paint the area concerned, either by disassembling the model or masking off.   I have a can of what should be the right colour which I used for this custom:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2664.0

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 20:51:04 »
Hi,
For starters none of the hub caps (wheel centres etc) stay in the wheels, they fall straight out, and secondly there is a nasty area of white on the front wing of the truck where there should be blue paint. The windscreen also has a nasty scratch down the middle and the roof and side of boat are also scratched.
I know nothing can be done about this, as it is just due to the pieces being slung in the box with no packaging, but is there a solution to the wheels problem?

I am just so angry as any THW set costs a lot of money if you don't live in Germany, and I feel so angry at Playmobil >:D >:( >:( >:(

Where do you live flatcat! Send me some pictures of the problems, & I'll try to prescribe some remedies to correct them! I did an explanation not long ago on correcting the looseness of the wheel center caps by stretching them with heat in the "How-To" topic board. The second correction is a spot of hot glue as a remedy also, but I chose not to use that method, although it works fine. Depending on the location of the scratches on the boat, like are they close to any writings or insignias? If not you can use coarse automotive rubbing compound to rub the scratches out of the blue areas. I have also used fine automotive rubbing compound & a professional paint buffer to correct scratches in clear plastic windshields, or you can call UK DS & explain you have received some damaged items 30 23 0530 windshield, 30 27 5160 roof, 30627682 engine hood, & they may send new ones to you @ no charge.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 21:06:36 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 06:28:42 »
I'm intrigued to learn who you bought it from. If it was direct from Playmobil then lodge a complaint and they should send a replacement.

It is always disappointing to receive damaged Playmo, especially if it's new in the box and it was just their sloppy packing that has allowed pieces to rub together and damage each other.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 08:32:40 »
I'm intrigued to learn who you bought it from. If it was direct from Playmobil then lodge a complaint and they should send a replacement.

It is always disappointing to receive damaged Playmo, especially if it's new in the box and it was just their sloppy packing that has allowed pieces to rub together and damage each other.

It came new from ebay. It isn't the first time that I have recieved new damaged Playmo, as I once got an orange bin truck which had the same damaged windscreen issue, and once bought a farm which had bits missing :(
I'm not a fan of lots of fancy packaging and that, but I think a simple cardboard framework could keep parts like these away from each other or plastic bags or soft packing material wrapped around the larger parts instead of them all being free to collide with each other in transit :hmm:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 12:48:55 »
Many thanks Bill for your 'socket' method for the wheel caps, i tried it this morning and it worked a treat :love:

Thanks very much :wow: :wow: :wow:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 17:44:45 »
I'm glad it worked for you as well as it did for me! I don't approve of gluing parts together if an alternative method can be improvised, & I'm always trying to find better methods to prevent glue from being used.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!