Author Topic: Christmas Blister Pack 5845 5846 are in at Target  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Christmas Blister Pack 5845 5846 are in at Target
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 07:36:49 »
Thank you Rasputin, that is good information, maybe they are not with the other Playmobil because that space is reserved for other new blisters! :o Hope springs eternal! :yup:

Gepetto

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 08:05:08 »
I went to another Target today and did not see them.   >:(  I did not think to look in the Christmas area!  I guess I'll have to go back.  Thanks for the tip!
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline core

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 08:44:13 »
Guess I should have clarified that the stock-stuffer section was at the Christmas section  ;)  On a side note take a look thru that section and you do get a impression that retailers (or Target at least) is catering nicely to this year's down-sizing Christmas season - not that it's a bad thing.
Peter

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 10:07:17 »
 :'(  I went to my Target and there were no stocking stuffer Playmo blister packs.  And no empty space where they would have been if someone (maybe Rasputin  :lol:) had already bought them all.  I'll wait a few days and phone to talk to the "Person Who Knows the Most About the Toy Department" to see if they know if the Christmas blister packs are going to be stocked at the local store.
~Rona
Rona MamaDragon

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 15:12:17 »
Hello all  :wave:

Maybe if you ask to type in the UPC code they will show a location in the store. Target usually will need to help the staff find where to put all the things they get .

Santa w/snowman   4 008789 058454
Santa w/ elf           4 008789 058461
I am not sure if the first 4 is used so try with and with out .

I must have thrown the receipt out . Like I would ever return Playmobil . When I go to the other local Target I will try to remember to save it for the item #'s that are on it .

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Edit: I did find the receipt. I must have saved it for the other items . the description line goes as follows
204070306  NCFPLAYMOBIL    N   $2.99
I bought both packs and they have the same #'s
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 22:09:16 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 16:41:01 »
>pedantic mode<

FYI - here is how UPC barcode numbers work -
the first part 4 008789 is the company number for Playmobil, all Playmo items with a barcode are going to start with that number
the next 5 digits are the product number - in the case of Playmo this is always the set number - in this case 05845 and 05846
the final number is a check digit that is created by the computer so the scanner can check to make sure it's read the rest of the bars correctly
the check digit is created using a fancy formula where you add together every other number, then subtract every other every other number, then divide it. I've got an Excel spreadsheet at work with the formula that does it for me

So knowing this I know that Rasputin's second barcode number has an extra 8 in the company number part
It's actually 4 008789 058461

>/pedantic mode<

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 22:15:03 »
>pedantic mode<

FYI - here is how UPC barcode numbers work -
the first part 4 008789 is the company number for Playmobil, all Playmo items with a barcode are going to start with that number
the next 5 digits are the product number - in the case of Playmo this is always the set number - in this case 05845 and 05846
the final number is a check digit that is created by the computer so the scanner can check to make sure it's read the rest of the bars correctly
the check digit is created using a fancy formula where you add together every other number, then subtract every other every other number, then divide it. I've got an Excel spreadsheet at work with the formula that does it for me

So knowing this I know that Rasputin's second barcode number has an extra 8 in the company number part
It's actually 4 008789 058461

>/pedantic mode<

Oh that was a silly typo on a technical piece of info  :-[ The bar code info you gave is interesting . I feel one step closer to Neo from "The Matrix"  Thanks for the correction, I edited it up  :wow:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 04:17:46 »
:: joyous ringing of Christmas bells ::

- Cue the bright and cheerful background music as Santa narrates -

"And thus begins the next installment in the Continuing Saga of MamaDragon's Search for Christmas Blister Packs -  it was a dark and stormy night.  Suddenly, a dragon decided to drive to the FAR AWAY Target store after work to try to find the elusive Christmas blister packs.  It wasn't good flying weather so MamaDragon decide to drive and needed gas (aka petrol in some foreign speaking countries  ;)) to make it to the FAR AWAY Target store.  She got gas.  She reset the trip odometer in the car.  Then she drove.  She arrived at the FAR AWAY store and happened to look at the odometer.  'What's this???,' she thought, 'it is only a mile more to drive to the FAR AWAY Target store than to drive to the store that I always go to!'  Then she went in the store and just as a choir of heavenly angels (or perhaps the Muzak™ playing over the speakers in the store) started singing...

there they were!  The Christmas blister packs! 
Hallelujah! MamaDragon has Christmas blister packs now!  Three of each!

But, because MamaDragon is a good girl and will appear on the 'Nice' list, she decided to share the joy with other Playmobil fans and did not purchase all 12 of the available packs.  Besides, why would anyone need 12 Santas.  Unless they were forming a Santa army?  Perhaps I should look into this!"

And Santa went out to the workshop to have a talk with the elves and the reindeer but forgot what he was worried about before he got out there and had a mug of cocoa and some Danish Butter Cookies instead.

The end.
Rona MamaDragon

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 04:36:55 »
Congratulations Ronastoo  :wave:

But just remember that the more Playmobil Target sell the better chance they keep it in the stores  :P

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 23:38:19 »

Rats! ...

I left Fort Lauderdale on the 12th. (I had two days to go to Target.) How did I miss this post? There are no Target stores here in the Virgin Islands ...  :hissyfit:

Double rats !! ...  :'(