Author Topic: PCFD Custom Rescue HR127, & custom rescue tools from TJW Industries.  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
This endeavor has been in the works for a while now, but it is finally able to be revealed in it's early stages. The custom Heavy Rescue truck HR127 is the first unit to be outfitted with my custom hydraulic, & air supply hoses with connection manifolds that operate multiple tools by an on board left side hydraulic pump, & right side air compressor. There is also an on board diesel powered electrical supply generator. The rescue tools which by the way, are in my opinion the best custom Playmobil rescue tools in the world were supplied by TJW Industries Inc. better known by his forum name Tim_W! The tools can also be operated by portable hydraulic hand pumps if needed. There will be pictures of my new custom rescue air bags to follow in my next custom tool thread soon using the right side air line to operate multiple air bags simultaneously.

Front view of custom rescue unit HR127 with its heavy duty 80,000 lb. capacity PTO driven winch.

Picture of some of the hand tools, & custom reciprocating saw, porto-power hydraulic hand pump with attachments, & compressed air rock drill.
from TJW Industries.

TJW custom hydraulic tools shown connected to the left side hydraulic hose connections.

Picture of the extended telescopic light assembly used for illuminating accident scenes.

Picture of the telelight in its stored position.

Rear truck view.

Picture of the rear equipment trailer with its preconnected hydraulic, & air hoses to operate additional rescue tools.

Picture of left side onboard truck hydraulic pump control panel.

Picture of right side on board truck air compressor, & diesel powered electrical supply generator control panel.

Picture of right side rear door with safety alert decals

Picture of left side hydraulic hose reel with warning sign.

Picture of right side air line hose reel with warning sign.

Another view.

Picture of TJW Ind. custom rescue spreaders attached to a hydraulic hose.

Over view of the customized TJW Ind. heavy duty spreader, & cutter rescue tools.

Close up picture of the heavy duty cutters.

Close up picture of the heavy duty spreaders.

Picture of the new TJW Ind. heavy duty hydraulic ram piston.

Picture of my custom hose manifold to attach, & operate several rescue tools at once.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:48:39 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
 :(o): Bill, that vehicle is a piece of genius! It is absolutely beautiful, I love your control panels and those tools from Tim_W :wow: :wow:. The truck is so well laid out and thought through I am comforted just seeing it and the pictures are fantastic also.

You have been busy but your time has been well spent, these are the kinds of things that have me thinking 'Maybe a few fireman and a truck couldn't hurt, I wonder what Martin would do?' :lol: :lol:

Thank you Bill for sharing this with us and thank you Tim for all your time and effort with the tools and acessories. :wow:

Gepetto

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
Great stuff Bill!

What did you use for the hoses? It almost looks like surveying string. Anyways, Great looking truck, I can't wait to see it finished... Sweet tools Tim.  8-)

- Ben

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Hello Bill  :wow:

I really do like your custom Rescue truck :wow: I was really impressed with the stickers on the controll panel when you first showed me them, but they look even better now they are on the truck. Your custom hoses are amazing and from what I can see looking at the new Fire Service theme Playmobil have chosen to go down the same route. This means your hose and the tools I have made will be compatible with the new air compressor when it comes out :yup: I was amazed by the manifold Bill, it seems as though you have done a fine job on a very complicated piece of equipment. I hope to see more custom's like this in the future :wow:!
Thank you for mentioning my rescue tool's Bill :-[. TJW Industries is the US branch of my company and acts as an importer for the rescue tools made here in the UK :) :yup: I am really pleased that they got to you safely and that you have been able to figure of what's what ! If your stuck with anything don't hesitate to get in touch with me by PM and I will answer any questions you might have.

Thank you Gepetto and Ben for your kind comments on the tool's. They have been a long time in the making but I think the end result was worth it :)

Kindest Regards Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Great customs Bill . I also really like how your decals worked out . I must say though with a Fire department so well equipped your city must always be able to handle any challenge  .  Thank you for sharing your rescue set up .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Thank you Gepetto, FireChief, Tim, & Ras for the positive feedback! It is greatly appreciated, especially coming from experienced customisers like yourselves. There are additional things in the works for this unit that will be posted soon! I truly enjoy working on these projects! Eventually I will be putting a few of the new engines that are to be released in the future into my fleet as heavy rescue units only! They look so much like FireChief's custom it looks like PM copied his  :lol:! They will work just fine for my needs, & I won't need to make any of the customs I was planning to build  :)9! I lucked out on that endeavor  ;)!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Great stuff Bill!
What did you use for the hoses? It almost looks like surveying string. Anyways, Great looking truck, I can't wait to see it finished... Sweet tools Tim.  8-)
 - Ben

Hi Ben!
The cord came from a local dry goods store in white only. I used permanent magic markers to color them to my specifications, & dried them with a hair dryer. The reason I chose the cord was to look like the protective sleeve clad hose that we used to have on our HURST tool hose to protect it from road rash years ago. The large rescue truck had the hose attached to a large electric reel, & it was so expensive to replace my department demanded that the truck manufacturer come up with a way to protect the hoses when being pulled on to a scene to work. They designed an inexpensive polypropylene mesh sleeve that covered the entire 250' length of hose, & it was easy to replace when it got too worn.
Bill
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 03:38:31 by Bill Blackhurst »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
That's an excellent custom fire truck, Bill.  The decals are a work of art and Tim's tools are to his usual great standards.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Hi Ben!
The cord came from a local dry goods store in white only. I used permanent magic markers to color them to my specifications, & dried them with a hair dryer. The reason I chose the cord was to look like the protective sleeve clad hose that we used to have on our HURST tool hose to protect it from road rash years ago. The large rescue truck had the hose attached  to a large electric reel, & it was so expensive to replace my department demanded that the truck manufacturer come up with a way to protect the hoses when being pulled on to a scene to work. They designed an inexpensive polypropylene mesh sleeve that covered the entire 250' length of hose, & it was easy to replace when it got too worn.
Bill

We have those covers on a lot of our equipment . The hydrolic pressure runs at about 3000 to 3500 psi so as you can imagine a tiny hole will send out a stream of hot fluid at piercing speed . The covers we have are a sort of deflector in case of a blow out . They are expensive hoses and i dread having blow outs as the hose and special fittings is over $100 for a couple of feet . i would hate to be the one buying a whole roll of it .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Wow these hand tools are cool! And also the power supply. I also was thinking about power supply possibilities but used wire instead of thin ropes.