Author Topic: Resources - To enhance your Playmobil experience  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Resources - To enhance your Playmobil experience
« on: March 01, 2009, 22:56:16 »
This is one of those topics that seems a little difficult to sort into the correct board so I will try it here. This is a place to share information on items which are not Playmobil but can enrich the Playmobil experience. By providing sources for materials, photos and information on various subjects that can help in customizing figures or creating dioramas and photo stories we can help each other from re-inventing the wheel.

The first entry is 'Edward R. Hamilton, Bookseller', this vendor sells remaindered and overstocks of thousands of books at discounts up to 80% and have a flat rate shipping charge of $3.50 regardless of size of order. I mention them now because I have seen many customs referencing the Osprey line of books regarding military items and history, Osprey books have some fine illustrations and information on matters rarely addressed elsewhere. ERH has almost 500 Osprey titles at prices from $1.95-$13.95, you can save at least $5 per book, they have many other history, architecture and craft books also and I feel are worth a look.

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamiltonbook.storefront

Gepetto

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: Resources - To enhance your Playmobil experience
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 04:59:25 »
It looks like fitting either in the collector's corner, or in the customization board ... You guys should ask me where to publish these things ... :no:

:lol:

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Resources - To enhance your Playmobil experience
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 09:10:57 »

This is a place to share information on items which are not Playmobil but can enrich the Playmobil experience. By providing sources for materials, photos and information on various subjects that can help in customizing figures or creating dioramas and photo stories we can help each other from re-inventing the wheel.

Cool idea!

I would say this topic belongs best under the "How-To" board in the Creative section.
Description: "Ask for advice on customising techniques & offer handy hints to others"

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0

The descriptions of each board are only there as a rough guide. I could add more information to them, but I like to keep them brief so they don't run over more than one line. This keeps the index page more compact. :)