Author Topic: Pirates and Eyepatches  (Read 8081 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: Pirates and Eyepatches
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 03:28:42 »

For children who play with an adult nearby, Anne, that may be so.

However, not all children play with an adult nearby. I did not. So, in a way, Playmobil educated me ... Thank-my-god I'm not a child right now, or I'd be lost!!!

(& I agree with you that it isn't only the historical aspect that Playmobil will develop in children, but : why not? Or, at least, why not both? (history + fantasy (besides imagination, creativity, motor skills &c..)))

(Maybe it's the generation shock phenomenon going on, here ... I don't know. I keep myself wandering "who has been doing/designing/promoting these new ways of Playmobil?? ?? ?? ??" ... I wasn't the first one to ask himself this, in this forum. It comes to my mind.)

Although I sound a bit ... Rebel against all this, I still think it's the best plaything ever, and I've been having a lot of fun!!!* :P :) 8}

;D

Gus
:blackhair:

*Part of which will hopefully be shown next weekend, in the following part of Elmo & Fletcher's stories!
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 07:15:39 »
"Look how I have customized 1000 klickys into a perfectly accurate Roman Century . . . "  (at which point the child runs screaming from the room!)  :lol:  (No offense intended, Martin!)

-  Anne

;) well it isn't going to be 1,000 like those guys did in Germany, it'll be about  230 figures all told, if and when I can get my hands on those Roman Blisters. Good thing too if they run screaming, I don't want any child messing with my Romans!  ;D

I think all of us who like theRomans owe those guys a small debt of gratitude. If they hadn't bought up so many Specials to build their legions there might never have been a Roman theme.

I've also got a plan to name every figure - I'll do it the lazy way and use this:

http://www.ahtg.net/namegen.html

to generate most of the names, but I might get more inventive for the officers, and steal them from the Asterix books, or Monty Python, or (gasp) make up some myself.

I'll print the names on slips of paper and store them in their heads, like that guy in Germany who has a passport for each of his Klickys.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:38:07 by Martin Milner »

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 08:15:40 »
Martin - you're hopeless.  ;D
Perhaps that's why I like you so much  :-[

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.