Author Topic: 71521 - Karl Friedrich Schinkel  (Read 629 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
71521 - Karl Friedrich Schinkel
« on: June 08, 2024, 04:55:09 »
New figure of German architect and designer Karl Friedrich Schinkel available from July. Relying on Google-translate, but it seems they will ship it if you e-mail them to ask (but it also says it's 'only available in Neuruppin so...)

https://www.kulturhaus-neuruppin.de/m/seite/708512/playmobil-baugeschichten.html

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 71521 - Karl Friedrich Schinkel
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2024, 11:41:33 »
Translation  via Google from the website:

Exhibition with Diorama Artist Oliver Schaffer 20. July to 08. September 2024

It is not only children's eyes that are growing. When it comes to figurines, the hearts of all ages beat faster. After the realization of the PLAYMOBIL special figure “Theodor Fontane” in 2018, with over 20,000 sections distributed worldwide, the makers from the Kulturkirche in the Fontane town of Neuruppin have succeeded in creating another coup. After Theodor Fontane, the second famous son of the city Karl Friedrich Schinkel is honoured with an exclusive special PLAYMOBIL figure.

The new exhibition from the 20th. July to 08. September 2024 in the Kulturkirche Neuruppin is dedicated to an important piece of international building history with more than 5,000 PLAY MOBIL figures and brings everyday children to life to life. Together with the Hamburg artist Oliver Schaffer, the Kulturkirche Neuruppin presents the colorful variety of PLAYMOBIL in fantastic experience sceneries, which immerse visitors and young visitors in remarkable, surprising and fascinating PLAYMOBIL worlds.

The Hamburg exhibition artist and scenographer Oliver Schaffer uses thousands of PLAYMOBIL figures for the design of installations and dioramas. He translates complex themes and content into imaginative toy landscapes. Since 2004, he has been conceating, designing, planning and realizing individual artistic installations, as well as entire exhibitions for renowned museums, cultural institutions and companies. The focus is on the possibilities and aesthetic potentials of the PLAYMOBIL system. From the close interplay between toys and knowledge transfer, he develops an individual form of presentation for each context. Since his first exhibition in 2004, Oliver Schaffer has been working with international partners from culture and edutainment. His works have been exhibited at the Musée des Arts décoratifs Paris, the Deutsches Museum Bonn and the Centrs Vernisca R'ga.

On the occasion of the exhibition PLAYMOBIL-Baugeschichte(n) in the Kulturkirche Neuruppin, there will be 20th anniversary of the exhibition July 2024, 10 a.m. the new PLAYMOBIL special figure “Karl Friedrich Schinkel”, which is limited to 25,000 pieces. The architect and builder Karl Friedrich Schinkel, who was born in Neuruppin and especially in Berlin, who works in Berlin, and his 245. The most important German architect of the 19th century is considered to be the birthday. century. He designed the Old Museum of the Lustgarten, the Schauspielhaus am Gendarmenmarkt, the Neue Wache Unter den Linden and Charlottenhof Palace in Potsdam and the Roman baths in the Sanssouci Park.

In a development and production period over two years, in close cooperation with the Fontane town of Neuruppin and the company geobra Brandstätter from Zirndorf near Fürth, the manufacturer of the famous PLAYMOBIL figures was created on the basis of historical photos, the PLAYMOBIL special figure “Karl Friedrich Schinkel”.

The PLAYMOBIL special figure with item number 71521 will develop into a real collector's item, since the figure of 7.5 centimetres with a brown compass and a blackboard with the floor plan of the theatre built by Karl Friedrich Schinkel at the Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin, is available exclusively via the Kulturkirche Neuruppin.

Fee: adults 5,00 Euro and for children and young people (up to 16th) year) 3,00 Euro. As an encore to the entrance fee, all children and young people will receive (until the 16th century). one of the year of age) one of the PLAYMOBIL special figures “Karl Friedrich Schinkel” or “Theodor Fontane” (while stocks last) until the end of the exhibition on 8th September 2024 free. ATTENTION! Not suitable for children under 3 years of age, due to suffocation by small parts! The opening hours of the exhibition are Monday to Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm.

In addition, the two PLAYMOBIL special figures “Karl Friedrich Schinkel” and “Theodor Fontane” are for 5.00 euros in the exhibition of the Kulturkirche Neuruppin and plus VAT. Shipping costs above info-kulturkirche-neuruppin.de available.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024, 07:15:07 »
For Fontane at least, it seems that only Germany can order via the web shop, although I didn't try emailing.

The painted sideburns are a bit of a disappointment, but I suppose the normal ones wouldn't work with that hair and a change of hair would risk him looking too much like Fontane.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2024, 09:23:41 »
For Fontane at least, it seems that only Germany can order via the web shop, although I didn't try emailing.

The whole 'selling them online' seems weird to me, since the article talks about how limited it is, and that children get one with entry. Personally I would release them for general sale after the exhibition.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2024, 05:58:00 »

The painted sideburns are a bit of a disappointment, but I suppose the normal ones wouldn't work with that hair and a change of hair would risk him looking too much like Fontane.
Neither of them look much like the real people. Fontane should have an Asterix type moustache and a new hairpiece showing a receding hairline. Schinkel should have printed sideburns and a new hairpiece suited to early 19th century fashion.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2024, 07:04:09 »
Neither of them look much like the real people. Fontane should have an Asterix type moustache and a new hairpiece showing a receding hairline. Schinkel should have printed sideburns and a new hairpiece suited to early 19th century fashion.

I just did a bit of googling because I don't know what these guys looked like off the top of my head.

Fontane does need a bigger moustache, and hair more at the back/sides and less at the front.

Schinkel seems to have a brutus hairstyle. I think it would look best if the hair and sideburns were molded as one piece, like they did with Elvis and Spock. His sideburns aren't as dramatic as the current Victorian sideburn piece.

It might not be cost-effective to mold new hairstyles for exclusives, but I would like a brutus hairpiece for other period klickies. And I know exactly how PM can make a profit off of it. Mold it in dark brown and produce a Regency-accurate Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet duo pack. A classic women's Regency hairstyle is hair up in the back, bangs in the front, and ringlets on the side. Never underestimate Janeites. They make Trekkies look half-hearted.