Author Topic: Series 26 - 71605 and 71606  (Read 130 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Series 26 - 71605 and 71606
« on: September 02, 2024, 21:19:13 »
I have updated my figures pages with series 26 and also made a blog post discussing the series that can be found at Animobilog Here
Rather than repeating the whole thing here, do check those out for the details and interesting points. The big takeaway for me was that this is a much stronger series than I was expecting. There are some repeats in theme or figure type but they are mostly different enough to be good additions. In my opinion the weakest was the male gnome that should have been in different colors. The strongest for me is probably the Newsie figure in males and the Girl Scout with her cookies in the females. The big surprise is the female Pharaoh, that I thought was going to be another lame Cleopatra repeat but instead turns out to be the best iteration of that figure type they have done. Check out the blog post for more.
Here are the group photos (hopefully they show for you)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Series 26 - 71605 and 71606
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 21:33:16 »
The Aborigine is great  :yippee:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024, 07:01:24 »
I have updated my figures pages with series 26 and also made a blog post discussing the series that can be found at Animobilog Here

Thank you - looking!
(I had no idea what a "Newsie" was...  :-[ )

Here are the group photos (hopefully they show for you)

Nopes.  Another mess with the http/https thing, I assume. My pics stopped showing as well from playkingdoms.  :(
(I need to look into that free certificate thingie.. one of these days)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2024, 20:22:08 »
It's possible to allow exceptions on your browser to see images from certain places. I did that with images you post Tahra by adding your site somewhere in my browser settings. There was a post about it in the Help? forum at some point I think.
Anyway, if you can't see the images here they are available at my site linked in the first post.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2024, 06:52:36 »
It's possible to allow exceptions on your browser to see images from certain places. I did that with images you post Tahra by adding your site somewhere in my browser settings. There was a post about it in the Help? forum at some point I think.
Anyway, if you can't see the images here they are available at my site linked in the first post.

Really? I did that at first, but now I didn't manage... (actually I think I made that post!)

I saw the pics on your site, of course... but it's annoying not to see them here (especially in stuff like my neverending PROCESS, because unlike the figures reviews, that is to see here :( )