Author Topic: 5493 Asian Advent Calendar  (Read 2358 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
5493 Asian Advent Calendar
« on: January 01, 2015, 20:57:06 »
5493 Asian Advent Calendar

Though we have the first few double, we try for some years to avoid buying advent calendars (never heard of the things before playmobil made them), cause they are huge, with useless paper scenarios we'll never use but I can't get rid of...

But we wanted the dragon, the dwarf... at least. So we ended up buying this one (we skipped the fairy one!), even if we got the klickys in lots before.. Besides, it was helpful to round the PCC purchases.

There is a variety of accessories, including treasure, another cannon with a bright orange... something (pirates), a broken column with the mandatory weird shield and humongous sword, and a different asian stand for the weapons.

This last one is nice, but the flaming spear looks ridiculous there. Easily fixed.

There is an armored horse (previous version), who moved to the medievals for now.

The dragon is like the previous ones, in a strong red and black, works well. There is also a small one (not sure if those are meant to be statues, but they are animals in out playkingdoms, and we both really love them).

The klickys are quite well armed, and all look nice. Not sure about that darn neckpiece with the big helmet.

The dwarf has a GORGEOUS torso under the longbeard. This was fixed (duh).

Finally, there is some sort of a car game. My german is not enough for the rules... WAIT! Opening the pack, the card that was showing  the german instructions has them in ENGLISH on the other side! YAY!

There is also portuguese (yay!), french, dutch, italian, spanish and greek.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: 5493 Asian Advent Calendar
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 21:01:34 »
That is very pretty stuff. The dwarf looks amazing! And so does the spear holder.
Thanks for all the photos  :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 21:05:43 »
I did this one as my AdventCalendar this year. Its a nice one and the red and black dragon is great as is the dwarf. These sort are fun to do but a bit odd, I had a running joke all month about how getting weapons as a present makes you feel all Christmasy, because its just not Christmas without weapons!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 21:13:00 »
Yes don't get me wrong, I think these advent calendars are great for parts, but I don't see what they have to do with 'advent' at all.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 00:42:09 »
The Dwarf makes me wish they would make some dwarves suitable for use in the regular city themes.  He is beautiful!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline MandyJ

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 12:24:57 »
I love the spear holder too and the dragon is great   :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 14:34:53 »
We skipped the advent this year, now that I see this one I wish we did not. Oh well , I will find it and do two next year.

Thanks for the review
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 16:50:34 »
Some nice items there, but I just have no use for that dragon.. I have one dragon, the newest one since it looks really nice but dont want any more.
The useless stuff just outweights the usefull stuff for me, and theres not really anything there that I'd really want to have.

Thanks for the review though, that dwarf does look very nice.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 18:52:53 »
These sort are fun to do but a bit odd, I had a running joke all month about how getting weapons as a present makes you feel all Christmasy, because its just not Christmas without weapons!

<*)

Yes don't get me wrong, I think these advent calendars are great for parts, but I don't see what they have to do with 'advent' at all.

Well, having no relation to "advents", we have no problem with these. Though... the first ones WERE xmasy. These are not. I think it would be better if they all were... The idea of opening an item a day is... well... Patience is NOT a virtue I possess  :-[

Some nice items there, but I just have no use for that dragon.. I have one dragon, the newest one since it looks really nice but dont want any more.

I think we may have all of them. <SIGH>