Author Topic: 6004 + 6160 Dwarves (and Troll!) - September 2014  (Read 2531 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
6004 + 6160 Dwarves (and Troll!) - September 2014
« on: September 14, 2014, 18:37:16 »
(yes, ANOTHER review of these sets!)

We had decided to get two of the troll sets as soon as we saw him. The other set was doubtful for some time. We're not fond of blinky-winkies... But the little guy swayed us.

6004 Dwarves with Troll

I always thought it silly to have 2 little guys chaining a troll with a huge mace, so we decided agaisnt it ;D

The hammer is quite nice, and so is the new axe (though a bit on the fantasy side, and more appropriate for the dragon knights than the dwarves).

As to the dwarves...

The fat guy (GORGEOUS GORGEOUS legs!) has a very common torso, so we ended up keeping it under the (very common) fat armor. Matches the arm color, and we kinda liked the arm horns on him. However the tattoed head didn't look dwarvish, so we decided to replace it. Same with that beard - it's FAR FAR from the torso, and looks odd. The golden wrist things seem a bit out of place as well.

The other guy, has THAT hair. But in grey, which is quite uncommon. He'd have kept it too, if the beard fit with that neckpiece. It doesn't. It's too "high" because of it, so we figured we'd replace it. It is a nice combo, the hair and beard (uncommon grey, though).

A dagger is a nice choice for his belt - that way he's not stabbing his foot :)

The trolls..

The upper armor is not removable, at least not without breaking it. And the lower part is actually stuck.

The set brings a huge mace (hollow), that fits quite well with them.

The trolls shoulders and wrists are articulated, as well as the neck, sort of:

Unfortunately, the legs are not, which kinda severely limits posing... Feet look weird too, anyways.

Though the hands of the trolls have a smaller dent meant to "hold" common klicky accessories, it doesn't work too well. Besides the hold being a bit on the flimsy side, it just looks weird, with the huge open hand...

6160 - Dwarf with Treasure

A load of treasure for a dwarf!

The system X thingie gave me trouble. Just pushing the "walls" on the pillar was no good. Had to twist them to make them connect. Which is doable on this instance, but would not be if it was a building. We didn't have batteries on hand, so we didn't try the blinky-winky. It does look nice though.

The sword and shield on that column thing is also nice.

The klicky is pretty. Another fat dwarf. Somehow that is fitting :)

The beard however does tend to come down, he needs a neckpiece under it. Ages ago, the beards had a little thing under that prevented that... So, needs fixing.

Using that cape was a great touch. And in blue! New colors always welcome!

There is a lot of treasure - a lot more than usual. Silver and gold coins, gold chunks and a couple of nice new-gold crowns.. and the weird kryptonite piece and a couple of ambrosia morsels to round it up.

The chest is also somewhat unexpected - its the ancient one, done in a great color for a sunken chest! A real good addition.

Pics of the changed dwarves on the PROCESS later.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: 6004 + 6160 Dwarves (and Troll!) - September 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:48:46 »
Gah, I'm pretty sure I'll regret not getting the dwarves sooner or later. Great blue cape, another stunning detail.

Mitri wants me to get the troll too  ;D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 07:52:03 »
Mitri wants me to get the troll too  ;D

I think he's right - and remember to get two.. you don't want him lonely........  ;D

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 15:23:23 »
One is enough for me at the moment. Don't want my clickies to get trolled too much.

Just don't let them near a computer.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 15:24:08 »
 :lmao:

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 17:11:12 »
I love the troll and the dwarves!! I can't wait to get them!!
Thanks a lot for the pictures tahra. The photo with the troll and the fairy is so cute!! :love:

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!