Author Topic: Custom Motor Scraper  (Read 7884 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Custom Motor Scraper
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 17:34:41 »
Hello CH, Richard  :)

Thank you both very much indeed for your kind word's of encouragement and for taking the time to reply. Whilst i was painting the vehicle outside every fruit fly in a 1 mile radius decided to come and land on one of the components that was drying. I had to carefully pick them out of the paint and re-spray it. As soon as i had painted the arms that attatch the box to the vehicle i dropped them on the floor of my shed !! Needless to say this had to be allowed to dry, rubbed down and re-sprayed again !! All in all it was a bit of a nightmare as projects go ;D
I don't know what the next vehicle project is going to be just yet, but rest assured PlaymoFriends will have the exclusive :)9.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 23:44:40 »
Whilst i was painting the vehicle outside every fruit fly in a 1 mile radius decided to come and land on one of the components that was drying. I had to carefully pick them out of the paint and re-spray it.

It's the colour - yellow attracts insects.  Some years ago I tried to paint the garage doors yellow, but after about three days gave up because of the insects attracted by the colour.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 19:24:52 »
Hi Tim,

Excellent work again, great attention to detail and lots of moving working parts again.

I find it great fun playing a game called spot the parts Tim has used to create this one.  :)

Whats next ???

Garry.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 19:44:19 »
Hello  Gordon, Garry

First of all thank you both for the very kind replies and feedback. It's a pleasure to share my work with everyone here at PlaymoFriends.

Gordon:
I can imagine the frustration you must have experienced whilst trying to paint your garage door's  ;D. I can imagine with such a big yellow target to aim for you had pretty much everything that's attracted to flowers homing in on them :lol:

Garry:
I think you will be able to spot most of the Playmobil used on this model as it was quite easy on parts use. The digger bucket off the old bucket loader not only doubled as the guard on the back of the scraper box but the mud guards to. I think my next project is going to be another form of earth mover or heavy machine.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 14:03:45 »
Hi Tim,

Give yourself a gold medal,  That is one fine scraper!!!  And mostly Playmobil parts.

Happy leveling.

Jimbo

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 09:56:56 »
Hello  Rob, Jimbo

Thank you both very much indeed for the kind feedback to my motor scraper. It certainly has its uses, infact you might see some photo story's in the future based around it.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 22:50:59 »
Great customisation!!  :)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!