Author Topic: New redcoat/old cross belt...  (Read 4598 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: New redcoat/old cross belt...
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 19:18:50 »
No they have no individual part no. (at least one that is available to us)

Hence that poll option to be able to order that sort of thing - belts, earrings, beards, hair..

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 19:19:52 »
these belts are available from DS no ???  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

you got your answers George form Ds dad and tahra...  :(

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 21:06:01 »
unfortunatly i have to agree too...even tho i prefer those old X belts...but on this red shirt, they cover too much of the nice details  :'(

I have the same opinion. I've been experimenting with the new Redcoats past weeks, and like you I tried the "old" crossbelts on the one without printed crossbelts. Result: too much of the details of the uniform are hidden, it doesn't look well.

Best solution will be like the ones that come in Germany as add-ons (rest of Europe and world next year): just a simple white sworldholder across the chest and a sword or sabre in addition to the rifles.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 21:10:31 »
you know I realised I have not expresse my personal view... I agree with cheng, Hadoque and others who support the new printed crossbelts... I like them a lot!!!  :yup: :yup: :yup:

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 21:26:58 »
Great customizations, Panos! I had no idea that the crossbelts were printed....
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 06:25:26 »
you know I realised I have not expresse my personal view... I agree with cheng, Hadoque and others who support the new printed crossbelts... I like them a lot!!!  :yup: :yup: :yup:

Yeap i will agree with that also .. saves space on the klicky after all !!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 07:42:15 »
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd offer my thoughts on these new redcoats.

I ordered and received a number of them from DS and I like them a lot, except that the stomach area looks quite bare.  A waist belt would help this, but I don't have enough black ones to make this happen.  It's a shame Playmobil didn't print a vest on them like they did with their French soldiers, as this would have made them perfect, in my opinion.  I've been experimenting with them and have come to the conclusion that the old white cross belts obscure too much of the lovely facing printing, so I'm sticking with the white sword belts that came with them.  I haven't decided if I'll put swords or bayonets in them.  I've decided to customize them with black collars, as this looks better, in my opinion, and is more historically accurate.  As for the color of these klickies, I'm glad to see that they're a true red, as opposed to the faint red that the old redcoats were.  Now I have no use for my old redcoats.  Would anyone want to buy or trade for them? :)
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 15:35:29 »
I am in the same situation.  I ordered 6x new of the DS redcoats and the officer.  I tore apart the older redcoats for the belts and cuffs.  Now I have a box of the old red coat parts
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 15:55:24 »
The cross belt part is smething that I really like, and tried to use in other soldiers.
I have not bought any of the new add-on soldiers but I would like to get as many as possible.