Author Topic: Box-backviews of the new pirates' sets  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
Re: Box-backviews of the new pirates' sets
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 10:51:24 »
Here are the 5950 and 5948 box backs... I didn't even think of posting these before  ::)
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 15:14:29 »
Some of the new pirate sets will be shown at the Zirndorf Funpark inside the HOB on the second floor.
German collector diggi got permission to display his diorama from July 31st till the end of season in November.
He got exclusive "pre-release" sets in order to integrate them into his display.
Alongside his pirate diorama will be a western display by Rotti, a German collector and great customizer and the famous opera house (based on 3019 mainly) by Daniela.
So I'm really looking forward to our family's annual funpark visit being abe to take a glimpse of all 3 of them.
BTW, i think this is the 1st time adult collectors are allowed to do displays in the Funpark area.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 18:31:38 by tonguello »

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 13:31:16 »
Me and my family visit the funpark last Tuesday and were lucky enough to be shown these displays already by Frau Kubiak. The Diorama's are really great and the use of the new pirate ships was also very great.

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 15:56:33 »
These dioramas can now be accessed to via this thread.

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=8604.0

..in order to kee this thread "clean" - didn't mean to usurp it  :-[

Sorry

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 03:43:55 »
Small info-update on the new German pirates' sets:

More hats/pieces are being made of the softer plastic.
In set Pirates' set 5137 Rowboat with hammershark, the classic "bandana tied at the back" that comes in black with the green pirate in this set, is made of the softer more flexible plastic.

Advantage with this one is that the tie at the back will be less fragile, cause it used to break off a lot on the bandanas made from the harder plastic. Disadavantage could be that it sticks less well on certain wigs of klickies (like was the case with the nun-special's headpiece).

http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-BE-Site/nl_BE/Product-Detail?pid=5137&cgid=Piraten

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Saskia

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 04:15:03 »
I really love the hammerhead shark and the maori as well.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 10:15:44 »
The box-backviews of the 5135 Pirates' ship, 5134 Big Island and 5140 English Vessel are now available on Playmobil's German and Belgian official websites.

I've saved the pics, here they are...

Btw, I got reliable information from someone who has already had the opportunity to hold the 5135-ship in his hands:

* the canon-fakes could be unclipped from the gunports to install proper schip-canons.

* when replacing the fake-guns for canons, the canons have to be installed before screwing the upperdeck on the ship's hull.

* the gap in the front of the 3940-ship is covered solidly on the 5135-version, so no removable lid to access the canons in the bow-compartment. (main reason to install canons there before assembling the deck to the hull - if there still is enough space to do so).

* the cargohold-area in the middle of the ship might also not be accessible, due to the hatches for this area being sealed too...  :'(
I'm waiting for confirmation about weither this is really the case or not.
Additional fact is, of the many pics I've already seen of the ship, none show the ship with opened-up cargohold-hatches...

EDIT: On the website I've looked again at the ship with the 360°-view, and there one of the 2 cargo-hatches is showed open, so if the pic there is representative for production, the cargo-hold should be accessable like on the 3940. Question remains if there is still enough area in the cargohold for placing the midship-canons below deck...

*The captain's cabin is accessible like on the 3940 (US 3286)

why did they seal off access to the gundeck and replace with faux cannons?  Is there a new styrofoam insert that occupies the majority of the hull now to prevent capsizing?  3490 hull is beautiful but presented so many practical problems when it came to sailing her.  That's why I added a removeable hatch cover for the foredeck, and made faux cannons in conjunction with a bigger styrofoam insert to solve the problem of taking on water, as well as added ballast to prevent capsizing.  But still with the optional original gundeck and real cannons for play on land.  I wish it was the perfect toy where it was both sea-worthy AND play-functional without having to swap out parts.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 18:24:48 »
I really love the hammerhead shark and the maori as well.
Me too!