Author Topic: Rescue team ... some adaptions  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Rescue team ... some adaptions
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 15:37:47 »
Great work Jochen. I looke forward to seeing your vehicle adaptions.  :)

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 17:42:14 »
Hey Kuchen,

Good job. I really like what you have done. Do you make the labels on a computer or do you use some type of label maker?

Ben

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 22:10:05 »
Hey Ben, check out the first post in Jo's Rescue Dogs thread http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=738.0
where he gives a link to an online service where you can purchase high quality custom decals.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 23:33:34 »
Hey Kuchen,

:-[ Uhm, well, my name is not Kuchen but Jochen (Kuchen means in Germany cake   ;))

Good job. I really like what you have done. Do you make the labels on a computer or do you use some type of label maker?

Yes, Tim is right: these are decals which I designed on the computer and let print on a professional decals printing machine.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 18:13:59 »
Hey Jochen,

Sorry about the misspelling :-[ . I must have been thinking about something else at the time. I even looked at another post to make sure I spelled it right 8} When I was done I hit spell check, and it changed it to Kuchen. That's me not paying much attention i guess.  It won't happen again ;D

Anyways, is there a similar program or paper that can be used on a home printer of laserjet printer?

Thanks,

Ben

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 22:13:45 »
Anyways, is there a similar program or paper that can be used on a home printer of laserjet printer?

There are decals sheets available for laserjet printers or inkjet printers; later ones are a bit tricky to use (because before fixing it with water you have to use glossy paint to make the ink water resistant). Anyway: white can't be printed on normal printers, although there a beneath transparent also white decals sheets available; but in combination printing white and having also transparent parts are not possible with a common printer.

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 09:41:43 »
Wow Jochen, thats fantastic...
(I already tried to order the boxes, but they are out of stock right now. somebody must have been faster. :hmm: )

May I ask you how expensive a page of these decals is?
Did I get it right? You even get a combination of white AND transparent on your printings?
That would be great. Do they do internet orders?

I have several print jobs like this to be done and I was always looking for a professional solution.

So far I always used cheap white decals and tried to get the background color as good as possible.   :-\

best regards,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 22:36:29 »
Yes, they are white and transparent on one sheet; actually the sheet is transparent and the printing machine has the possiblity to print white. You also can order special colors like gold and silver (not mixed from other colors and really shiny like gold and silver).

Ordering can be done nearly in any size: you can order a complete A4 sheet or just smaller pieces (for printing of smaller pieces he will arrange your order with others on a complete sheet and afterwards cut off your section).  More information about the homepage of this guy can be found on my Web site

And yes, they do Internet orders, but not as classical online shop: you have to get in e-mail contact with the guy and have to provide the motive also via e-mail. He's a very friendly person and will answer all your questions.

Hm, price ... to be honest I can't remember. It has been over 20 (or 30?) EUR for a complete A4 paper -- sorry, can't remember (have to look it up ... if I can find the bill). But price will only by about size you really ordered. Currently I'm preparing anothing order, so if anybody wants some small stuff to be added, just give me a hint.