Author Topic: PM USA Has a much improved free gift  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
PM USA Has a much improved free gift
« on: January 06, 2009, 14:30:17 »
I just completed my reluctant, impetuous order from PM USA (you know, the kind of order you bump up to $150 because you can't bear to pay $12 shipping).

The free gift, instead of being a keychain, is now the sort of boxed set that would be valued around $5.99.

Set 4979 - PM DB explains it as a diver game, but the bottom line is it comes with a diver and six flounders, or halibuts, or whatever those flat fish are.

OK.  It didn't exactly make my day.  But, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with yet another pirate keychain, so I am reasonably consoled.

-Tim

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: PM USA Has a much improved free gift
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 15:31:24 »
The free shipping in the UK starts at £50 of stuff, about $75 - wonder why the US is so high?

Still, that sounds better than yet another unwanted keychain. Another reason to order something soon. I see the same set is on the UK site too. Divers are always good for bathtime play.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 15:38:23 by Martin Milner »

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:23:30 »
The free shipping in the UK starts at £50 of stuff, about $75 - wonder why the US is so high?

PM USA dips down to $75 free shipping every July, and this year for early December.

I don't understand why they don't dip down to $75 permanently.  The only bright side is that it gives retailers like the fallen-from-glory Ridge Road Station a means of competing.  Immediately after PM imposed the minimum pricing policy, Ridge Road dropped its shopping threshold from $75 to $30, which effectively slashed its prices by about 5% (assuming you spend above the threshold).

-Tim

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 02:07:26 »
The free shipping seems to be the only way online retailers have a chance to compete, I had a hard time getting up to the $150 level at PM USA so I just went to Ridge Road and bought what I wanted there with the free shipping.

Gepetto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 04:54:59 »
If you recently ordered , did they send you the calendar ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 06:55:08 »
I just ordered today, after Timotheos's post I tried to fluff up an order over at PM USA but it was taking up too much energy so I went to Ridge Road. Will let you know if I get a calendar although I did see a small activity book at a local dealer's the other day (small 8 page color and game type thing).

Gepetto