Author Topic: 5840 new Target set  (Read 7714 times)

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
Re: 5840 new Target set
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 19:56:49 »
Unfortunately as Jamie Jo says, they're a dying breed.

It must vary a lot by region.  Another problem is that most of these stores don't advertise.  I found all five of our locals either through luck or by using Playmobil USA's store locator.

Saint Louis has at least five independent toy stores (not counting TRU and KB Toy & Hobby).  But the markup is 25% + 7.5% sales tax.  On the plus side, these stores have a lot of old inventory floating around, especially around Christmas when they dust out the backroom.  Also, one of the stores, the two-store Toy Tyme franchise has the circus theme one month before its official release from PM USA.

Granted, at 25% + 7.5% markup.

The no-sales-tax web market and free shipping policies must surely irritate brick and mortar places!  On the other hand, maybe if these little shops joined the web-world they could expand their business and lower their prices at the same time.  Somehow Ridge Road Station in New York is able to match PM USA for price and still turn a profit.

Offline Jahme88

• Klicky Hick
  • Playmo Enthusiast
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 23:04:04 »
I would love to buy from independent brick and mortar stores but there just are none in my area.  My county is mainly rural, so the only place for toys is Wal-Mart....and I am still keeping fingers crossed that Playmobil will show up at mine. :crossed:

The next county over is the KC metro area.  All of the small independent toy stores that used to exist in the burbs have gone out of business in the last few years, so Target an TRU is it for available Playmo.  There perhaps 1 or 2 in the inner city area, and 1 or 2 more across the state line on the Kansas side.  But for me we are talking an hour or more drive to shop for toys.  :-\  I just don't get up that way too often.

It makes much more economic sense to just order my blue boxes directly from Playmobil, online.  Rather than drive an hour AND pay dealer mark-up....I let UPS bring it to me, it's just good dollars and sense. :P
------------
Jamie Jo

"Peace, Love and Little Plastic People"

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 23:43:55 »
Well if you ever need a few blisters or are looking for something special I am always willing to pick something up and mail it to someone. I am rather fortunate (I guess) in that I live on what must be a sales territory border. I have a Target and Fred Meyer 1 mi. away and another Target and Fred Meyer 2.5 mi. away with a TRU in between! Also another Target and  2 Fred Meyer within 6 miles if the need arises.

Gepetto  ( I hate it when the spell checker wants to change my name to 'Ghetto'!)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 02:55:53 »
Ok i just had to go and see this set for my self, i also wanted another 4444 ;). I just opened the chicken dragon mutant and now see why he looks like a chicken. I would look and act like a chicken to if i was about to get in a fight and my arms fell off. These things just do not stay on at all . The slightest motion and they pop off . Well i like him and being the son of an engineer i will not submit to allowing my kid to play with it until i solve this . I do not have my camera so i will explain now and show pic later.

First use a small screw driver to pry out the ball joint inside the dragon .

Second drill a hole through the socket with the wing. This must be directly in the middle of the joint and square to the wing

Third with a larger drill, drill a small recess for - 1 the bolt head & - 2 on the side for the nut  . 

Forth bolt it together . you can use a lock nut or put liquid thread lock . make sure the bolt and nut do not protrude outside of the socket

Fifth snap it back in-place and it will not come out again . ;D

I will do a how to with pictures when my wife gets home from the kids football practice or tomorrow
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2008, 11:25:12 »
Gepetto  ( I hate it when the spell checker wants to change my name to 'Ghetto'!)

Spellchecker always want to change my name "Tim" to "Dickhead". 

Maybe that's the Irish spelling.

I will do a how to with pictures when my wife gets home from the kids football practice or tomorrow

Hey Ras, did you buy two, or unscrew your fix in order to photograph it?  Or was this posting your theory proposal, before actually attempting?  For some reason, the logistical details interest me.  It seems rational that you would buy two, having at least two sons.  On the other hand...

-Tim