Author Topic: 12 toy hall of fame nominees  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
12 toy hall of fame nominees
« on: September 29, 2015, 03:28:02 »
Check this out, I would have never thought, pretty much all of them really

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/gallery/4543595-181/12-toy-hall-of-fame
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: 12 toy hall of fame nominees
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 05:38:28 »
L*** is not included!  :woohoo: >:D

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 07:32:28 »
Ninja turtles?! Seriously?

And WHERE did they take the pics from? At least a stock image, no? And if it's playmobil, not Bojay.. I mean the polar sled se t in particular..  Well.

As usual, it shows how much they really understand of the subject.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:03:53 »
I would have loved those turtles as a boy. Articulation on action figures now is so much more sophisticated than it was. Elbows and knees typically have two pivots now which allow greater bending arcs for fairly natural posing. They even point their toes! Toes I tell ya. ;D
I'm not sure about the rusty spinning top thing. I want a tetanus shot just looking at it.

Is the playmobil nomination for playmobil overall or for that set because it seems an odd choice to me, there are far better sets to showcase playmobil than that one. It's nice, but not exactly amazing.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 12:01:40 »
Well if it where up to me Playmobil would win with no contest. I never heard of american dolls before and everything thats not playmobil on that list is very limited in play.

I assume that Lego is not on the list because it is already in the hall of fame, same for barbies most likely.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 12:38:38 »
I never heard of the toy hall of fame but I am guessing this is 2015's nominations only. Other toys must already be there.

Yes a weird set selection indeed. A toy to play seal hunter?? I think though it's just a representation and not specifically this set that is going in the hall.....if it wins that is.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 11:15:26 »
Well if it where up to me Playmobil would win with no contest. I never heard of american dolls before and everything thats not playmobil on that list is very limited in play.

I assume that Lego is not on the list because it is already in the hall of fame, same for barbies most likely.

American Girl dolls are a big thing, but as the name indicates, they are made for the American market. The modern dolls are pretty standard; the historical ones are cool and have stories to go along with them.

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 16:50:47 »
Twister, Super Soaker and Puppets were the inductees for this year.

Another time, Playmobil!