Author Topic: Air Rescue (Slight Modification)  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Air Rescue (Slight Modification)
« on: May 20, 2007, 08:40:58 »
Hello All

It had to happen sooner or later. After reading Gordon's review http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=1441.0 for the New rescue helicopter i knew it wouldn't be long before i had one in my collection. You see my city has been using the old version for some time now and it was starting to become a little bit worn out from all the use :lol:. So to at the start of the new tax year a budget from the guy in charge (me  ;D) was set aside for the city's health care, specifically to replace the old fleet of ambulances.
So yesterday the new helicopter arrived from the chosen manufacturer and it was perfect in every way except for one very tiny 'oddity' so to speak. This was picked up by Gordon in his review and has to do with the sighting of the fire extinguisher on the inside of the rear door. As soon as i saw this i was of the same opinion as Gordon and with the heads up that he had given me i was able to plan a modification in advance. I decided that even with the fire extinguisher removed the mounting bracket would cause some access problems so i decided to remove it completely.

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Air Rescue (Slight Modification)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 08:42:54 »
Here are the results after carefully sanding the bracket away with the Dremmel and touching up the remaining mess with some wet and dry paper. To finish off, it was sprayed with some grey primer to match the interior as closely as possible. I decided to leave the square hole for now as filling it would mean repainting the outside of the door and getting a white paint to match Playmobil's slightly off white is harder than you would think  :)!!

Kindest Regards  Tim
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:21:45 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 11:24:20 »
Nice workmanship there, Tim.  The hole can act as an observation port so as the rear door isn't opened when someone's in the way.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 20:52:29 »
Hello  Gordon

Thank you very much indeed for the kind reply. I like the idea for the hole that is left over, i had been wondering what it could be used for. I had considered adding a small light lense to it but couldnt find anything to fit. If you would like me to modify your helicopters door in the same way let me know and i will sort it for you  :)9.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 15:32:19 »
Hello  Gordon

Thank you very much indeed for the kind reply. I like the idea for the hole that is left over, i had been wondering what it could be used for. I had considered adding a small light lense to it but couldnt find anything to fit. If you would like me to modify your helicopters door in the same way let me know and i will sort it for you  :)9.

Kindest Regards  Tim
Thanks for the offer, Tim.  I'll look into whether I can site the fire extinguisher elsewhere and get back to you.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”