Author Topic: Jeepmo Creek VFD in 2007  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
Jeepmo Creek VFD in 2007
« on: February 28, 2007, 15:47:44 »
(similarily posted on PB)

Dateline: Jeepmo Creek, Feb 2007

Mayor Outback
"Well, this project got severly delayed (good thing there were no fires in the meantime) over the last 2 years due to many things, life being one of them. The other was a lack of suitable parts to construct a needed custom item and the non-response of DS."

Chief Hewick
"However, that has been rectified by using an item from a newer set that didn't yet exist in 2004 when I was creating blueprints for the very same item but using older issue parts. Now I have exactly what I want without having to do all the grunt work using mixed parts and a lot of home fabrication and custom painting. TGFPLM!"

Our newspaper photographer has supplied these images....

First picture is Fire Jeep #1 JCVFD.
Not the greatest shot but was only intended to document the thing. Better photos will come later.

The second shot is Fire Jeep #1 with the new piece of equipment...

And the 3rd photo is the new Fire Trailer #1 mocked-up with proposed lettering.

Outback
"I guess the moral of the story is... if you need something specific from Playmobil (like a fire water trailer, or romans or dinosaurs, &c), just wait a couple years and you will have it!"  :wink:

Chief Hewick
"This will all be posted on an updated JCVFD web page coming soon to a link near you."

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Jeepmo Creek VFD in 2007
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 15:55:56 »
Great piece of equipment Dunc. Looks just right in size and style.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 17:37:22 »
Nice work, Dunc, and nice use of the new trailer.  Look forward to seeing more pics of the jeep, too, and some action shots (now you've got the water trailer, you can have some fires).

(I've got the old DS water trailer which I keep wondering what to do with.  A new question about it is: Will the new water tank fit on the old chassis?  I should have the answer shortly as I've just ordered the new tank from DS.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 18:00:45 »
Are you referring to the old yellow fertiliser tank trailer?

I don't recall what set it was in or it may have been a DS item, but that is what my original plans were to use back in 04. The only thing is, I didn't like the size or length of the trailer chasis and the tool box hanging on the side. I wanted things to be a bit more proportional to my needs.

But now, since this 4494 came along, it is exactly what I had in mind originally and premade. Saved me all the building hassles.

I can help you with some measurements while your waiting for the new tank...

Water tank specs:

L = 4.25" (4.5" @ drain plug)
H = 2" (2.25 @ fill cap)
W = 2"

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 01:53:01 »
Nice job Dunc! Very cool custom and a very useful piece of gear for those outback brush fires...
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 18:53:58 »
 :wow: This is amazing Dunc, your fire service is very lucky to own such a nice machine. I am really looking forward to seeing it in action and can't wait to see what other plans you have !!

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 16:42:07 »
Nice custom Dunc.

I remember when you started the VFD while you were at playmoboard. I've always been looking forward to seeing more.

Ben

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 20:31:19 »
Well hopefully I can come up with some uses for it this summer and get some action photos for you guys.

Anyone got an old mansion I can set afire for practice?  ;D