Author Topic: Santa's Castle 2014  (Read 4691 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: Santa's Castle 2014
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2014, 10:06:15 »
Wow, every year you improve an amazing diorama even further!

-I love the flight controll tower, very clever!  :sleigh:
-The pizzeria is a nice touch, I gues santa really likes pizza?  <*)
-Great bakery too, I love how that medieval looking fellow prefers that over pizza, which only the modern looking clickies seem to be eating. :)
-Robot Santa's? I gues that explains how he can deliver all gifts so fast. But now I wonder which one of the ones in the diorama is the real one..  :eh?:
-Rendeer playing soccer? Are they training to beat the easter bunnies?  :rudy:
-Nice banners and castle design too, many kings and knights would be jalous!  :knight:

Such a great diorama, I'll definatly be looking through the pictures a few more times during the holidays to spot all the little details.  :xmascheer:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2014, 10:45:37 »
Awesome , just awesome sir !! Made my day. totally !!!!

:love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2014, 14:59:09 »
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Are those banners custom made? They are gorgeous!! What is the ground (snow) made of? It has that grainy texture, looks just right. Glad to see the pond, Santa Claus manufacturing, the greenhouse and the flight control tower again: brilliant ideas! And now they have a cafetaria as well.  :)
The reindeer get lots of exercise, I see.

The Christmas card with your avatar dino in scarf and bonnet, it's the best  ;D

The banners are custom, just printed out with a color printer on regular paper. I am still reusing the ones from the Marketon joust years ago now. I will have to do some new ones one of these days. Thanks to Cowabounga for his help with the original banners, most of the design is by him.
The ground is acrylic fleece cloth with a bit of the fake snow stuff you get for Christmas villages sprinkled around the edges of the pond and on a few of the flat surfaces.
We all know there are reindeer games so soccer makes sense, though their team never seems to make it into the world cup.
Thanks go to dear Ronastoo who hand knitted the hat and scarf for Tiermann the Dino a few years ago.

There are bits and pieces in there that I've received with help from collectors all over the world. Thanks to everyone who has helped make this such a great hobby over the years!

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2014, 19:40:43 »
 :clap: brilliant! Especially live the santa robot line  :lol:

:xmascheer: :xmascheer: :xmascheer:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2014, 09:42:56 »
Wonderful Christmas diorama! Every year is better with more ideas and details. Excellent job, well done Tim!!
Many thanks for the sharing and Merry Christmas!! :candle: :sox: :sleigh:

George. :xmascheer:
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2014, 14:28:24 »
absolutely stunning Christmas castle Tim. So  many great details and every year you seem to add more and more.

Great photography as well

Merry Christmas  :xmascheer:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2014, 14:58:49 »
Amazing work, Tim.  The perfect blend of nostalgia and technology at the North Pole.  Thanks so much for this present.  Merry Christmas!   :sleigh:

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2014, 15:30:27 »
Happy holidays to you too. Thank you for sharing this amazing masterpiece.  :xgift:
I really love the santa vinking hat.
life in plastic it's fantastic