Author Topic: Castle  (Read 4365 times)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
Re: Castle
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 16:04:04 »
My dream would be to have a permanent display inside a house. I don't have a basement so I would need to start with the garage first. I am planning and gathering parts now for years. There's still more planning to do: filling the city & harbor with "life" - meaning populating with klickies and creating scenes in between and around buildings. But I am approaching my goal in big leaps: I am pretty happy with the city and that is a sound foundation for the rest of the work. In the end, the city will have around 45 houses and an estimated population (= people living there, merchants, and sailors) of 150-200 klickies plus 30-60 soldiers.

That sounds pretty awesome.

Have you looked at modular trainset layouts that can be moved if necessary but are also able to raised via winch and pulleys in garages so they are out of the way and you can still park your car in there and raise it above the height of the car?

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 16:12:26 »
I had the honor to see it few weeks ago! (thanks stefan!)

It reminds me a lot to Assassins creed game, the first one, i havent been in europe or medieval town, but the set up is perfcet!

love the market with "stone" buildings, some balconies, an small bridges... but  the semi circle desing  is my favorite idea! the pathway with the differentnfolored houses makes more real, and i imagine a market fair...

the harbour con the crane area, the arched gateways make it look busy...

now the castle seems more like a newly semi designed residence, wich can point out the date of this castle late XIV  onwards... and makes it more accurate, guess is a governor living here, and the small town once, now become a flourishing port and host a merchant fair...

as the carpenter building, is a bussy building a an important one, the carving technique top of the line!

is cool how you can track yourself if you wanna go to the small room in the tallest tower!!!

now, is there gonna be a wet moat? a drawbridge?
whats the castle date?
is this in a coast or a river?
are you gonna enclose the harbour?
is there gonna be a light house,
2 or 3 sides of the castle are surrounded by water?
religious buildings?

i remember i write an email like this twice but when i try to send it some dumb thing happend on my ipad!

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 21:07:30 »
Have you looked at modular trainset layouts that can be moved if necessary but are also able to raised via winch and pulleys in garages so they are out of the way and you can still park your car in there and raise it above the height of the car?

Good idea, I thought once about such an option but I am afraid that the garage roof might not support the accumulation of playmobil. But this is definitely something "space saving". I probably need to built a large table so we can still use the underneath for storage. I am lucky to have a double garage and the edges have shelving units (so far it is quite organized, well not in the eyes of my wife of course...) and if no car is inside, there's a 15x10" area I could use.

It reminds me a lot to Assassins creed game, the first one, i havent been in europe or medieval town, but the set up is perfcet!

love the market with "stone" buildings, some balconies, an small bridges... but  the semi circle desing  is my favorite idea! the pathway with the differentnfolored houses makes more real, and i imagine a market fair...

I also love the old Belgian and Dutch marketplaces and I lived in Muenster/Germany for a while (see pics), so I tried to imitate a setup like there.

now the castle seems more like a newly semi designed residence, wich can point out the date of this castle late XIV  onwards... and makes it more accurate, guess is a governor living here, and the small town once, now become a flourishing port and host a merchant fair...

Absolutely right, the city was growing over the years under the protection of the castle. It is now an outpost of the king's army and one of the most important merchant harbors of the country.

now, is there gonna be a wet moat? a drawbridge?
whats the castle date?
is this in a coast or a river?
are you gonna enclose the harbour?
is there gonna be a light house,
2 or 3 sides of the castle are surrounded by water?
religious buildings?

Maybe I let the city be surrounded by a natural moat that is fed by the water of the sea similar to the castle in the pic. There will be no religious buildings, no lighthouse - but I might change my mind in the future. Left and right of the harbor, the city walls will expand a little bit for fortification. They end in these 4217 base plates/walls.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 12:43:43 »
Absolutely amazing, the castle with all the different pieces, layers, turns, surprises... And I don't even know where to begin with the circular town and the huge buildings for citizens. It's so great to see an entire world come to life like that, so meticulously planned out.

When do do manage to achieve your goal, you should ask an entrance fee and allow people to come and see it  ;D

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 20:56:31 »
Your marketplace-section is really beautiful!!   8-) :camera:

I am planning and gathering parts now for years. There's still more planning to do: filling the city & harbor with "life" - meaning populating with klickies and creating scenes in between and around buildings. But I am approaching my goal in big leaps: I am pretty happy with the city and that is a sound foundation for the rest of the work. In the end, the city will have around 45 houses and an estimated population (= people living there, merchants, and sailors) of 150-200 klickies plus 30-60 soldiers.

As said before or elsewhere, my dream/project is quite similar to yours. Lack of display-space is preventing me from setting all up what I have gathered sofar, and therefore the past few years I have been concentrating more on the "population"-part, and less on getting more additional houses and wallparts and building custom-buildings.
When I've time and budget I hope to place a large DS-order for steckparts, with the release of the classic bakery and museum as DS add-ons some very usefull parts should be available again.
My harbourtown-project is planned to be located on a Carribean Island, so I've been busy with island-parts and (sub)tropical trees/plants as well, and things like plantation-houses.  The ultimate goal is to recreate a whole island, but that might become a bit too large  :lol:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 21:15:24 »
hello , i really like the shape of your castle , sure it will be a beautiffull medieval town with theses walls around it , thanks to share .   

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 04:12:50 »
Absolutely amazing, the castle with all the different pieces, layers, turns, surprises... And I don't even know where to begin with the circular town and the huge buildings for citizens. It's so great to see an entire world come to life like that, so meticulously planned out.

When do do manage to achieve your goal, you should ask an entrance fee and allow people to come and see it  ;D

Thanks, Birdie! Good idea with the entrance fee! Might help to balance the bank account....
 :lol:
Your marketplace-section is really beautiful!!   8-) :camera:

As said before or elsewhere, my dream/project is quite similar to yours. Lack of display-space is preventing me from setting all up what I have gathered sofar, and therefore the past few years I have been concentrating more on the "population"-part, and less on getting more additional houses and wallparts and building custom-buildings.
When I've time and budget I hope to place a large DS-order for steckparts, with the release of the classic bakery and museum as DS add-ons some very usefull parts should be available again.
My harbourtown-project is planned to be located on a Carribean Island, so I've been busy with island-parts and (sub)tropical trees/plants as well, and things like plantation-houses.  The ultimate goal is to recreate a whole island, but that might become a bit too large  :lol:

Thanks, Erwin! For me, it doesn't really matter, where the city is located. I agree that it would a bit odd to have it somewhere in the Carribean (with all the stepped gable houses). But sometimes (I think) it is better not to be so historically correct. I am sometimes missing a bit more imagination with us collectors.
Looking forward to see  glimpse glimpseof your  setup!

@rapporteurs: Thank you as well!!

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2013, 16:16:41 »
Quote from: hauden_lukas
@rapporteurs: Thank you as well!!
Should have read @gaspofreud ... damn auto-correct spelling function...

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 01:27:01 »
no problem  :lol: i know translation problems ...  nice project , sure it's better to have a room for a little town !!jeremy

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 20:37:36 »
Should have read @gaspofreud ... damn auto-correct spelling function...

:giggle:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!