Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012  (Read 30578 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2012, 19:13:19 »
Btw, Damo, those ELC hedges and fences look just the job.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2012, 19:22:49 »
I'll check what I've got, Damo, and get back to you in a day or so's time.

Thanks, Gordon :)

Sorry it is such a big ask, but it would this thing is going to look amazing if I can get the parts :)

Btw, Damo, those ELC hedges and fences look just the job.

I have had them for years, and have used them with all sorts of toys :)

Damo :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2012, 19:32:58 »
Thanks, Gordon :)

Sorry it is such a big ask, but it would this thing is going to look amazing if I can get the parts :)

Damo :)

No problem; only too pleased to help.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2012, 23:36:46 »
Do you mean the cargo zone for the end pieces Damo?  If so I can let you have anything you need from that.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2012, 00:29:24 »
Hello

This seems a good way of taking stock of what we have and can provide.

Gordon – you seem to have the railway taken care of. 

I have buildings for the town:
Supermarket 3200, delivery van 3204
Post Office 4400
Bank in Small City House 3959
Butchers in shop 7687
Police Station 3159, police car and motorbike
Large City House 3988 x 2 (no furniture as they have been used as a hospital)
Recycling truck

Café 3254 – possibly by the beach
We can use adn spot and leisure stuff available for the beach.

I have assorted Klickies.

Damo - Gordon is right the space at the lower front of the display is 16 x 7ft.  There will be a river cutting through this.  What size is your gymkhana display?

Construction site
I have system X pieces and base pieces that would make a building under construction – e.g. the airport.  I cannot say just how many particular pieces there will be available.

“Robin Hood” Film Set
I have a number of sets I used for the jousting last year.  I’ll make archery targets as I don’t think the new Special will be out by then.  I have:
Merry men
Men at arms and Knights
The back of the set will be the Catapult castle 5738
I have some vehicles I can use – 4x4 etc and film crew. 
I could use the cameras, portaloos, trailers etc.

Pirates
This will be similar to last year but I plan to put a 3666 castle garrison in a corner.  Does anyone have any redcoats?
There will be the naval stronghold 3112 and the lighthouse Elaine is returning.  I have a 3286 ship for the pirates and a spare 3286 I intend to convert to a navy frigate.  I could use a Navy crew for this ship.  And does anyone have a Union Jack flag?

The Underwater Exploration is just about covered from my end. 
I have various boats (Expedition Ship 4469, Rescue Boat 3941 and Research Boat with Sperm Whale 4489)
submarines (Research Sub 4473, Rescue Sub 3064 and Diving Bell 4478) and
divers – (Deepsea divers 4658 and 4479, and sports divers 3772) . 
I could possibly use some under water wild life – shark,s whales etc.

I trust that this covers most things.

Mark

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2012, 08:51:30 »
I think there needs to be a careful look at the space available for the village and town parts of the railway layout.  The thinking so far has been the village and town being on the raised section but with the layouts I posted recently, there is an area 6' by 1' at one end (a row of, say, 5 or 6 Steck houses) and an area 7' by 2' at the other for the modern town.  Neither, and especially the latter, allows much space.  The old town could be split over the upper and lower level between the raised part and the river and I can rejig the track at the other end to make more room, although this will have possible implications for railway buldings.

I have one or two ideas how space might be allocated which I'll put into a sketch "map" later today and post up.

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2012, 09:16:36 »
Gordon

You are correct.  This is why I would suggest that I provide the other buildings as I only have to bring them "around the corner".  They can be available but if we don't use them its not as if they have been brought across the country.  I do not feel we have to worry too much about the towns.  The railway is the main feature at the sides and back and we just need to work around it.  It sounds like the modern town may have space for a street with buildings on one side.

I look forward to seeing your sketches.

Can I get a confirmation of the height difference you want between the levels?  I need to look at how to set this up.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:52:32 by playmofirth »

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2012, 09:32:17 »
If my shops etc aren't needed Damo, I could supply probably supply you with system x. 
I can check if I have all that you need if you like.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2012, 22:18:04 »
Well, here are some ideas for the centre of the layout (and, actually, a bit of one of the raised sections).  I've only shown one end and half the centre section so far because if nobody likes the ideas, then I haven't wasted too much time. 

Here it is (with apologies for the rough and ready approach):

Some facts and figures to put things in context:

- each square is 1' by 1';

- a Steck house is 7.25'' by 7.25'';

- the fishing boat (http://playmodb.org/setpics/5131.jpg) is 7.25'' long (this is as an example of boat that could be used; the yachts are also this length.

The rectangle at the left hand end is the raised railway section, as is the narrow rectangle running along the back.

The suggestion to use the space on the raised section for a row (maybe a terrace of four) Steck houses with a pathway (it could be grass) in front of them (c 2'' wide) and a fence along the edge of the board to give a row of clifftop cottages.   This is marked A.

Turning to the centre, lower, section, there is 7' from the front to edge of the "cliffs" along which the railway runs.   I'm suggesting 1' strip of sea and then a 1' strip of beach (the line between the beach and the sea needn't be a straight one, of course) and then a road (6" wide) dividng the beach from the fields beyond.  This gives a natural transition from fields to beach and also allows access to the terrace of Steck houses (fishermen's cottages?) below the cliffs - marked B.  Also at the left hand end of the road, there could be the dock ramp (http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-22-4342) to give access to the sea for boat owners.

This leaves an area of roughly 4.5' by 7' for fields, farms, trees etc.

To keep things simple for the moment, I've not indicated where the railway bridge will go or the river.  The river can get to the sea by flowing under the road.

Any comments welcomed.

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2012, 14:48:44 »
Gordon

This is a sound proposal and I agree with it as a general layout.  (Do you have the height difference between the layers?)

I am thinking of creating some contouring on the land using large sheets of corrugated card.  It is a reasonably easy way to create some shape over a large area.

I'll be using this on the pirates to raise the castle and on the Space to create an alien landscape.

Mark