Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012  (Read 30546 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2012, 19:28:40 »
Gordon,

Regarding the railway-bridge, have you considered making the central support larger and using arc-sections from the 3449 Medieval Museum or 4300 Train Station, to connect it to the outer supports?
Just my  :2c:, but I think a bridge with those arcs would look good.

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-02-8640

I have one of these arches, Erwin, and I'm using it in a station.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2012, 20:48:47 »
Gordon,

Regarding the railway-bridge, have you considered making the central support larger and using arc-sections from the 3449 Medieval Museum or 4300 Train Station, to connect it to the outer supports?
Just my  :2c:, but I think a bridge with those arcs would look good.

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-02-8640

That would be a possibility, Erwin, but I only have one of the triple arches and that is in a custom station.

Hmmm, my previous post didn't seem to have been posted so I did this one, but then both are there.   ???
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2012, 17:08:53 »
That would be a possibility, Erwin, but I only have one of the triple arches and that is in a custom station.

Hmmm, my previous post didn't seem to have been posted so I did this one, but then both are there.   ???

I should have at least 3 of the arches. If you would like to try out the concept, I could lend them to you. (I'd need them back after the try-out or the exhibition then).
Let me know if I should search for them, cause they're dispearsed in my collection and finding them would take a while...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2012, 17:31:40 »
I should have at least 3 of the arches. If you would like to try out the concept, I could lend them to you. (I'd need them back after the try-out or the exhibition then).
Let me know if I should search for them, cause they're dispearsed in my collection and finding them would take a while...

Thank you, Erwin, that's very kind of you.  I'd like to try it out with an eye to my planned garage layout, so if you would search them out I'd be very pleased, but no rush, however, as you have the time.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2012, 10:27:48 »
As the date is getting close, I thought I'd jot down what I am planning to bring for the coastal railway scene.

Train/railway items
2 x steam locos
3 x blue coaches plus red coach(es) for Elaine's Hogwart's Express
Track for planned layout, plus spare lengths
Signals
2 x Steck custom stations
1 x Steck custom signal box
1 x Steck custom water tower
1 x Steck custom goods shed  (I'm not planning to bring the building I used for the goods shed last year - http://www.playmobil.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-GB-Site/en_GB/Product-Show?pid=6213&cgid=Ds_Gebaeude_und_Einrichtung - Damo if you think it would be useful for your farm scene, let me know)
2 x bridges plus supporting piers
Various items of luggage, figures, cargo etc.

Town related
Fire engines - probably 3
Unimog construction vehicles - probably 2
Small bus
Various cars and motorcycles
Custom System-X fire station (a smaller version of last year's)
2 x Steck houses
1 x Steck custom two storey house
Various figures and accessories
1 x paramedic car
1 x ambulance

Beach/sea related
Various figures
1 x small fishing boat
1 x rowing boat
1 x ice cream cart
1 x beach lifeguard set - http://www.playmobil.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-GB-Site/en_GB/Product-Show?pid=3664&cgid=DISCONTINUED
1 x yacht
1 x landing area - http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30%2022%204342

If any of these duplicate what other people are bringing or which seem unnecessary, please let me know.

If other items come to mind later, I'll post further.

If anyone thinks I have omitted anything, please let me know.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2012, 09:40:00 »
Ok I've started putting a few things together:

Contribution to Film set:

Couple of Blue porta-loos
large yellow trailer
Some packing cases
Old caravan
Generators

Contribution to railway:

4055 Farm set
Some loose animals
some fencing
some odd pieces, tractors etc
Fencing, hedging, walling
Some material to make a paddock.

Can I create a gymcanna/horsy jumpingy eventy thing in the paddock?

Construction display:

Tower crane
Artic dump truck
Excavator
Generators
Mini diggers
Dumper trucks
Rollers
Klickies
Tools/equipment
Fences
Road sections
Signage/barriers/cones
Unimog
Trailers

I still need to think about making a skyskraper foundation ie ground floor with a 1st floor and some odd girders, bricks etc.

I also want to make a large mountain of soil (prbably paper mache underneath) which I can sit the large excavator on top, loading the dump truck.

Damo :)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2012, 12:37:39 »
Ok, here is a paddock with horsey event I quickly set up in about 5 mins

It could go behind the farm

I really din't put much thought (or Playmobil) in to it, as it was just a quick idea, but I have many more/better jumps, horses, Klickies etc, so it could look really good :)

There are plenty of the hedges/fences and walls to go round, to stretch into the village/town etc

Perhaps we can paint some farm lanes/tracks to go between the farm and this paddock, and the village etc

I have no idea of the space or what is going where with the railway display, so if I am going too far then please stop me :-[

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2012, 13:14:32 »
That seems a good idea to me Damo,
I like the use of the wedding marquee for it too.
It would lend itself to quite a lot of activity with mums and dads and kiddies and a lady in a big hat to present the prizes.  :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2012, 13:31:55 »
That seems a good idea to me Damo,
I like the use of the wedding marquee for it too.
It would lend itself to quite a lot of activity with mums and dads and kiddies and a lady in a big hat to present the prizes.  :)

Ooh yes that's a great idea - I could use the trophy from the car racing set as well, and have a prizes table in the marquee, as well as one with papers on for entering.

I think it would be a nice little addition, as there are lots of little girls (and boys) who are interested in horses

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2012, 13:43:55 »
The gymkhana is a great idea, Damo, as are Elaine's sggestions for it.  It looks pretty good already and doesn't need a lot adding imo.  (I once did a very full fire display with lots of action and detail and it was really too much for the youngsters to appreciate and too crowded for some of the action and detail to be seen properly.) However, trying different jumps and horses is a good idea.

I am, of course, bringing some lighting for the film set and some fencing for your construction scene.

System-X parts give a good construction effect.  I'll post some pics from laast year in a new topic on Knaresborough 2011.

Spave is about 16' by 7' overall.  There is a latest plan showing how Mark is planning things in this topic.