Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012  (Read 30549 times)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2012, 01:55:54 »
Great pics, I must say the one with balcony is my favorite.  :love:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2012, 02:00:57 »
Great pics, I must say the one with balcony is my favorite.  :love:

I may try outside steps and a balcony.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2012, 02:05:20 »
I may try outside steps and a balcony.

:high5: That might look great!
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2012, 21:00:12 »
I've just taken some time out to make a mock-up of the bridge which will be at the back of the display over a valley with a stream (and maybe a path or road) under it.

The first photo is a side view with a rule to give a guide to size - just over a metre in length.  The wider Steck supports will be the end ones so one end of each will be against or maybe slightly under the baseboard carrying the track. 

Here's an angled shot which gives a better view of the structure.  The bridge parts will be screwed to thin MDF to keep them more rigid and safer from being knocked off.

A close-up of one of the end supports. All the supports will be finished off entirely in Steck walls where they are visible to the public and the sides will be topped with battlements.  (Must put them on my DS order!)

Finally, a detail close-up of an end support showing a buttress style corner piece; these will be used on all the corners of the small, central pier and on the outward facing corners of the end supports.  (Something else to order!)

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2012, 23:26:03 »
Great stuff !!! correct me if i am wrong these are the LGB bridges there correct ? i love that bridge fits so nicely with the LGB truck and playmo trains !!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2012, 23:30:05 »
That's going to be awesome, Gordon! Great idea, very creative.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 00:04:23 »
Great stuff !!! correct me if i am wrong these are the LGB bridges there correct ? i love that bridge fits so nicely with the LGB truck and playmo trains !!!

They are, indeed, LGB bridges, George.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 00:04:51 »
That's going to be awesome, Gordon! Great idea, very creative.

Thanks, BB.   :wave:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2012, 00:13:55 »
LOVE the signal boxes, Gordon :love: :love: :love:

And I didn't realise just how well your LGB bridges fitted with the Steck!

Btw, I like your furniture. Is it G-Plan?

Damo :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2012, 09:30:39 »
LOVE the signal boxes, Gordon :love: :love: :love:

And I didn't realise just how well your LGB bridges fitted with the Steck!

[color=blue[/color]Thanks, Damo.

As you say, the bridges go very well with the Steck.  Together they look like a relatively newly painted metal bridge on old masonry piers.

On the down side, the bridges are a bit flexible feeling.

Btw, I like your furniture. Is it G-Plan?

It was made by a firm called E H Mcintosh in Kirkcaldy in Fife.  The company started in 1869 and still exists but concentrates now on wooden furniture for educational use.  We bought the dining room furniture in 1998 when we paid off the mortgage early.  It replaced a sideboard, table and four chairs which we bought new for £100 in 1972 when we married.  The £100 was a wedding present from Diane's parents.  We also bought a six foot square piece of rush matting with the £100. You couldn't do that nowadays!

Damo :)