Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012  (Read 30548 times)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2011, 02:21:01 »
Damo,
Sounds as if they are making you into their human sacrifice! On a long pole hanging from a rope? Hope there is not an open fire nearby!

The engineering is getting a bit complicated from the looks of this thread....should we call in the British equivalent of the US Army Corps of Engineers....so we can be certain that the whole darn thing will collapse the first time you breathe while crawling underneath it all?

Would you mind if I take out an enormous life insurance policy on you with me as sole beneficiary before you climb under this table or get vaporized in a massive car crash? I did this on our kids, and I sleep much better at night knowing there will at least be a large pay off if they are suddenly taken from this planet. Cheers, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2011, 13:03:15 »
Hi

To help people get a sense of the venue here it empty.  The main room is a hall 41ft by 27ft.

Mark

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2011, 13:10:33 »
I pressume that the long modern display will stop just before the start of the fire door and store room door to allow access to these. That means we would have access to that end of the table.

Are you planning to leave a similar gap the other end with intentions for end access to the display/maintenance area for Gordon, or butt the display right into the corner?

Mark, have you made a hall layout plan yet? is there going to be small displays in the middle, or all round the edge?

Damo :)

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2011, 14:48:11 »
Damo

I have produced a sketch plan (attached).  It revealed that 32ft seemed too long and I have reduced the length to 30ft.

I have not heard from Walter yet, but I have left space for a Christmas Railway.

The space in the middle could be used for the pirates rather than two other displays.

Is there something you specifically wanted to display?  Or would you be happy contributing to the others, especially the large railway display?

Mark

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2012, 18:51:49 »
Hello everyone and a happy New Year

I have heard from Walter and he is unable to attend the event in February.  This means that the large display will be the only railway in the exhibition.  It would be good, but not essential, if the trains could be "hands on".

I'll come back with some thoughts as to what we'll put in the space I had dedicated to Walter.

I picked up a Space themed Alien vehicle before Christmas so I would like to develop a Space themed display.

Mark

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2012, 20:02:22 »
I had hands-on sessions at Knaresborough in 2011 and Kirkbean, so it can be done again.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2012, 19:55:41 »
I've been experimenting with some custom buildings for the display.

A small country station to start with:

and a version with a different pattern of dormers:

Interior showing the ticket area:

and seating for when you've bought your ticket:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2012, 20:01:06 »
Signal boxes next.

Version one with a door and balcony facing the track.  The large door is for access to an equipment store and there is a small door at the back for access to the signal box itself with an internal ladder to the signal cabin:

And a front view:

Version 2 with no balcony and external steps for access to the cabin.  I'll add handrails if I use this design:

And version 3 with access to the cabin by an external ladder and a balcony:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2012, 20:49:07 »
I like them all Gordon, but I think my favourite is the one with just the steps, it reminds me of one of the signal boxes near where I used to live.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/273573

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2012, 21:22:32 »
Thanks for that, Elaine, and for the picture.  I think the same, especially now I've seen that picture.  What I will do is turn the roof round through 90 degrees, however.