Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012  (Read 30576 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2012, 20:02:04 »
Here's a look at the lower, centre section of the railway display with some layout suggestions.

As before, one square is 1' by 1'.

The free space is for the modern town; there is additional space on the raised end board to the left of the railway:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 21:11:16 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2012, 20:09:36 »
I like it very much, Gordon.

So is the area marked 'free space' on the first drawing, and the areas around the railway on the second for the modern town? So it will be on split levels?

That sounds great

All I ask is if there is some land somewhere for my cows :)

The car parking for the Gymkhana can be in the rear of the farm yard (or wherever)

Damo :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2012, 21:08:50 »
I like it very much, Gordon.

So is the area marked 'free space' on the first drawing, and the areas around the railway on the second for the modern town? So it will be on split levels?

That sounds great

All I ask is if there is some land somewhere for my cows :)

The car parking for the Gymkhana can be in the rear of the farm yard (or wherever)

Thanks, Damo, and don't worry, the area in dark green (fields) is all part of the farm for your cows.  I was thinking of altering this piece of Steck

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-07-6700

into a simple arch to make a narrow bridge unxder the railway in the back of the field so your cows can go through to better pasture out of sight.

BTW, to keep the drawing simple, I've kept largely to straight lines, but the road under the bridge and the where the beach meets the sea can all be curved about.

I'll look at the space on the raised area tomorrow if I have time.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2012, 21:43:36 »
Mark, if the underside of the raised section is 5 and 7/16ths above the lower section, the bridge supports will just slip under it and the track and bridges can rest on top of it.  The brown paper cliffs and the battlements on the bridge supports will hide the board. 

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2012, 03:22:00 »
Elaine

I was going to put them low like Damo's Western display.  The boards should be very stable so it will be possible to climb on them to set up the back first - and then work forward from there.

Will you want the higher (hogwarts) board cut around the edges to make it less regular.  I  now have a jigsaw so this is relatively easy to do.

Mark

Either irregular or just curved at the edges would be great Mark.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2012, 10:23:26 »
Gordon

So its 5 & 7/16ths (not quite 5 &1/2 inches - 14cm).  Duly noted.

The drawing is useful.  I can use this to mark out and paint the boards in advance.

I see you are suggesting bringing the modern town down to the lower level for a split level effect.  Are there particular buildings we can put there?  I have a cafe for by the beach.  I would suggest a few shops.

Mark

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2012, 18:32:50 »
Gordon

So its 5 & 7/16ths (not quite 5 &1/2 inches - 14cm).  Duly noted.

The drawing is useful.  I can use this to mark out and paint the boards in advance.

I see you are suggesting bringing the modern town down to the lower level for a split level effect.  Are there particular buildings we can put there?  I have a cafe for by the beach.  I would suggest a few shops.

Mark

I'm just back from a couple of days helping with my m-in-l's accommodation, during which time I've been able to think some more.  It gives you more flexibility on buildings and layout if the free space area is also raised level with the 8' by 8' board at the end.  It would still allow you to have the cafe.

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2012, 19:05:48 »
Gordon
I am happy with the split level approach.  I am still needing to look at what configuration of tables and packing will allow us to get the two levels.  I would rather not make the higher areas bigger in area, even if that is by a further 2ft (which is about as much of the free space as we could take).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2012, 20:36:32 »
Gordon
I am happy with the split level approach.  I am still needing to look at what configuration of tables and packing will allow us to get the two levels.  I would rather not make the higher areas bigger in area, even if that is by a further 2ft (which is about as much of the free space as we could take).

That's OK by me, too, Mark.  If you need it, I can provide a small fire station (I'll provide dimensions later this week.  I'm not planning a big fire service presence, just a pump and rescue tender dealing with a youngster's head stuck in the station railings (if Elaine doesn't mind me using her railings).

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2012, 20:37:52 »
just a pump and rescue tender dealing with a youngster's head stuck in the station railings

Oh yes!  :wow: :wow: :wow: :lol: :lol: :lol: