Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012  (Read 30558 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2012, 13:49:26 »
I'll go steady on the detail then, Gordon :-[

Elaine's letting me have her tractor mounted meadow topper, which I am putting in the corner of the paddock, but that's it :P

(I did also think of adding an old cone, and some old jump poles and a pig gestation crate in the corner as well, but guessing you might think it's too much!) :P

Only becuase those are the exact things that are in the corner of our's at college! :lol:

Damo :)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2012, 13:55:48 »
With the construction, I haven't really got much SystemX to make it from that. I was just thinking of cutting two largeish squares of plywood, and covering them in either concrete coloured paint or scenery mat, and then creating some grey girderish uprights etc, and then I could have Klickies welding, bricking up in between, red oxidising the steel etc etc

Not really sure how it's all going to look, but I'm frightened I'm going to put too much detail in

- I've already put together fire points, with extinguishers and buckets of sand :-[

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2012, 14:52:53 »
Do you need to borrow some system x Damo?  I could bring some along.

I'm bringing Hogwarts and Hogsmeade of course - I may need some extra train track as I thought of putting the station at the part of Hogsmeade nearer to the castle.
I plan to build some sort of hill to place the Shrieking Shack on, probably made out of papier mache.

For the other displays I'll bring all my camera stuff (I found another camera with stand) and some trailers and portaloos.  Would some sort of kiosk serving drinks be an idea? I have an old 3418 kiosk but it's not complete.
3418 - Kiosk And Bicyclists

I'll bring the space stuff too.

Do you want anything for the underwater display Mark?

Let me know if anything of mine is needed regarding shops, vehicles, park, klickies etc. for the town or village.

For the seashore I have some of the 3660 beach chairs
3660 - Beach Chair
and seagulls.  Would the Sinterklaas steamboat be any good for a fishing boat ? (without Santa of course!)
5206 - Father Christmas' Steamboat
I have a couple of surfboarders and a jet ski too.
Would a vacation cottage be any use as a beach hut?
3771 - Vacation Cottage

Let me know if there's anything I've forgotten!

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2012, 16:20:04 »
Gordon, do you have this one?

3183 - Catamaran

If not, and you want to borrow it for the display I can bring it along

It's all there in it's box

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2012, 18:35:21 »
SystemX's required!

Ok, so I took Gordon's comments in to account, and I have now redisgned the structure using System X parts

Only the ground floor will be made from plywood, painted grey.

The whole structure will be approx 21x21" and have a ground floor (plywood) a 1st floor, a 2nd floor, and then a metal span roof being put on by the crane.

I have just realised that I have very little System X :-[

Is it possible to borrow from anyone? My structure needs the following:

In white:
10x Long double column (Got 2)
20x Long single column (got 4)

Or either a combo of the two - I'm making large 2x2 columns)

8x Short double column
8x Short single column

20x Square blocks (got 5)

8x red end caps (got 3) they come with the airport goods building)

12x large rectangular baseboards in grey

Please can anyone help?

If anyone else reads this and would like to sell or trade me the parts then that would be even better :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2012, 19:03:08 »
Gordon, do you have this one?

3183 - Catamaran

If not, and you want to borrow it for the display I can bring it along

It's all there in it's box

No, I haven'nt, Damo.  I'll get back to you in the light of the space available.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2012, 19:05:23 »
I'll go steady on the detail then, Gordon :-[

Elaine's letting me have her tractor mounted meadow topper, which I am putting in the corner of the paddock, but that's it :P

(I did also think of adding an old cone, and some old jump poles and a pig gestation crate in the corner as well, but guessing you might think it's too much!) :P

Only becuase those are the exact things that are in the corner of our's at college! :lol:

Don't get hung up on the question of detail, Damo, just do it as you think it should be and take it from there.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2012, 19:07:52 »

Perhaps we can paint some farm lanes/tracks to go between the farm and this paddock, and the village etc

I have no idea of the space or what is going where with the railway display, so if I am going too far then please stop me :-[

I think tracks are a good idea, but they will popbably need to be done last thing Friday night when the actual set up is known.

I will look at space allocation tonight on the basis of Mark's plan.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2012, 19:10:41 »
Do you need to borrow some system x Damo?  I could bring some along.

I'm bringing Hogwarts and Hogsmeade of course - I may need some extra train track as I thought of putting the station at the part of Hogsmeade nearer to the castle.
I plan to build some sort of hill to place the Shrieking Shack on, probably made out of papier mache.

For the other displays I'll bring all my camera stuff (I found another camera with stand) and some trailers and portaloos.  Would some sort of kiosk serving drinks be an idea? I have an old 3418 kiosk but it's not complete.
3418 - Kiosk And Bicyclists

I'll bring the space stuff too.

Do you want anything for the underwater display Mark?

Let me know if anything of mine is needed regarding shops, vehicles, park, klickies etc. for the town or village.

For the seashore I have some of the 3660 beach chairs
3660 - Beach Chair
and seagulls.  Would the Sinterklaas steamboat be any good for a fishing boat ? (without Santa of course!)
5206 - Father Christmas' Steamboat
I have a couple of surfboarders and a jet ski too.
Would a vacation cottage be any use as a beach hut?
3771 - Vacation Cottage

Let me know if there's anything I've forgotten!

Elaine

No problem about extra track, Elaine.

I think we can use some of the things you suggest for the beach area, Elaine, but I'm trying to get an idea of size at the moment.  I have some surfers, however.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2012, 19:12:18 »
SystemX's required!

Ok, so I took Gordon's comments in to account, and I have now redisgned the structure using System X parts

Only the ground floor will be made from plywood, painted grey.

The whole structure will be approx 21x21" and have a ground floor (plywood) a 1st floor, a 2nd floor, and then a metal span roof being put on by the crane.

I have just realised that I have very little System X :-[

Is it possible to borrow from anyone? My structure needs the following:

In white:
10x Long double column (Got 2)
20x Long single column (got 4)

Or either a combo of the two - I'm making large 2x2 columns)

8x Short double column
8x Short single column

20x Square blocks (got 5)

8x red end caps (got 3) they come with the airport goods building)

12x large rectangular baseboards in grey

Please can anyone help?

If anyone else reads this and would like to sell or trade me the parts then that would be even better :)

I'll check what I've got, Damo, and get back to you in a day or so's time.