Author Topic: Playmobil exhibitions in the U.S?  (Read 10768 times)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil exhibitions in the U.S?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 00:53:00 »
Okay. Thanks!
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 00:56:41 »
Found it: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=8019.45

In that thread, I see we had strayed into discussing more of a conference, and I think most of us are more interested in an exhibition, with lots of dioramas. And I think there are enough of us with big collections to pull that off. So whether you want to discuss there or keep discussing here s up to you.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 00:23:42 »
I would do one in the US but not that far away. I am on the west coast and can do all themes in very large dioramas. Our western one alone takes up about 400sq.ft. The Knights would take up more and the Roman/Egyptian one less. The modern theme with construction, train, fire, police, airport, boats etc would be the largest. Pirates would be big as well due to the 50 ships we have. The Victorian could be mixed in with the western or alone. There is enough to do them separately.
We have enough jungle them and adventure to do one of those also.

I would love to do one
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 00:26:13 »
I have often thought you could basically do one yourself, Ras, since your collection is quite varied. That's how Elaine started out, isn't it? Doing Kirkbean by herself and others have joined in. If you wanted to take the initiative, others could contribute if they wanted, but even if there weren't many others able to do it, you could have a decent exhibition.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 00:41:52 »
I have often thought you could basically do one yourself, Ras, since your collection is quite varied. That's how Elaine started out, isn't it? Doing Kirkbean by herself and others have joined in. If you wanted to take the initiative, others could contribute if they wanted, but even if there weren't many others able to do it, you could have a decent exhibition.

I work well with others so doing one solo is no fun for me. I want to play not set it up and chase people off with a stick. I even contemplated setting up a display at the local train show and letting kids play for a designated time for a fee that goes to our schools. By play I mean touch the toys and move them around  :o  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 02:09:50 »
Yeah, it would be much more fun with others! I would really love it if there were an exhibution within striking distance for me. I don't mind a day's drive, I like road trips.

I couldn't let kids touch my toys, though. :no:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 08:39:04 »
Pirates would be big as well due to the 50 ships we have. The Victorian could be mixed in with the western or alone. There is enough to do them separately.

You have 50 ships?!?  :o   (thanks for making mine look normal  ;D )

You mix the victorian with the western? Details please?

It's two of the themes we don't much know how to handle... victorian and fairytale (the "palace stuff")...

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 01:39:34 »
Yeah, it would be much more fun with others! I would really love it if there were an exhibution within striking distance for me. I don't mind a day's drive, I like road trips.

I couldn't let kids touch my toys, though. :no:

An exhibition in North America would be fine, as I too love road trips. Anything overseas, though, will not work.

And also, we could put "Please do not touch..." signs on each of the display tables. :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 01:47:03 »
Yeah, because everyone knows four-year-olds always read those signs and obey them. :P

I'm just teasing. Yeah, signs combined with ropes creating at least a one-foot space around the tables to keep the littlest hands off, would help at least. Plexiglass is ideal, but harder to accomplish.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 08:34:07 »
Four year olds?!

I was more thinking of 10 year olds. I mean, most grown ups seem to be too stupid to read and respect a "do not touch" sign... imagine kids... No, like I said, not even an electrified fence!