Author Topic: Expanded PM section at TRU  (Read 2152 times)

Offline EmGee

• Playmo Fanatic
  • "It ain't easy being plastic!"
Expanded PM section at TRU
« on: September 25, 2011, 10:03:38 »
Yay!
Hey gang, I stop by my local TRU this past Friday and, to my surprise, they had expanded the PM section. It went from two short gondolas (about 3 shelves tall) to one whole side of an aisle. (about 6 shelves tall). And they finally had some Fi?ures. AND even better, PM were on special "buy 2 get one free". So i pretty much got all they had left (about 15). Add that to the ones I got at the FunPark and I'm one happy camper! The only one I really, REALLY want and still don't have is Uncle Sam.
~EmGee~

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
Re: Expanded PM section at TRU
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 10:13:27 »
Yay!
Hey gang, I stop by my local TRU this past Friday and, to my surprise, they had expanded the PM section. It went from two short gondolas (about 3 shelves tall) to one whole side of an aisle. (about 6 shelves tall). And they finally had some Fi?ures. AND even better, PM were on special "buy 2 get one free". So i pretty much got all they had left (about 15). Add that to the ones I got at the FunPark and I'm one happy camper! The only one I really, REALLY want and still don't have is Uncle Sam.
The same TRU.......heaven in Florida....Hell in Hong Kong

But it is good to hear that!!! :love:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 11:40:20 »
Good news for you people!!!  :party:
Never realised pm was scarce in the us.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 14:28:24 »
That's great news, EmGee  :confetti:! I also took advantage of that sale the other day and came home with three Egypitan houses for $32.00  :egypt:!
Ace :brownhair:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 14:38:21 »
Our new TRU is opening in five days. I reeeeally hope they have a new expanded section too, or at least the same size as before! I'm afraid maybe there will be less than before, but I really hope not. :-\
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tenni

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 22:13:06 »
I've been to 4 different TRU (that's the greater southern California area for you! I could even go to more if I worked up the nerve to brave more freeway time) in the past 4 weeks. We've been trying to get many of the Fi?ures, and 3 had them, but I was disappointed to see that the PM sections have gotten smaller  :(! Virtually nothing on clearance, and the brand new TRU had some of the newer sets, but none that I really wanted. I ended up ordering from PM USA, which is fine.

On a bright note, we've gotten all of the surprise figures that we wanted (on sale, too), with the exception of the cavewoman, who seems nowhere to be found. I've gotten pretty good at being able to tell what is in each bag  ;D.

Hope others have better luck at TRU!

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 22:55:19 »
Broke down and ordered the Christmas markets on-line at TRU because the 4 stores in a 30 mile radius around here didn't have them. I didn't want the buy 2 get 1 free go to waste.
Also bought some of the surprise figures, but don't start me on that. I'm not happy about those.  :wall:

Offline Dinobuzz

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 23:01:58 »
Broke down and ordered the Christmas markets on-line at TRU because the 4 stores in a 30 mile radius around here didn't have them. I didn't want the buy 2 get 1 free go to waste.
Also bought some of the surprise figures, but don't start me on that. I'm not happy about those.  :wall:

I'm curious now.....are the figures not worth buying?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 00:23:22 »

Didn't get any of the ones you wanted?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 01:58:01 »
Hi, well I opened six, three for me and three with my granddaughter. I got one I wanted, which had a deformed arm. One was 'okay' as far as choice, one I had no interest in. The three my gd got were okay, not what she would have prefered, but in a few hours of playing with them in the doll house I must have had to rebuild them each 4 or 5 times. 
I have some others I bought which I didn't open and am going to bring back. It's not worth the effort, or price, even at $2 on TRU sale, for something neither of us want or can use, or has to be constantly repaired.
 I've had no luck with feeling up bags, and don't think I'll bother going any further with it.  It's a shame, because some of them look neat, and so do the upcoming 2nd series.
Curious if there are other people who aren't happy with the concept.

Oh, as far as TRU, I'm a bit dispointed too (aren't I a grumpy gus?) that they show things on the web site as being in stores when they aren't.