Author Topic: Superspecials (release DE febr 2012) are on Playmobil.de  (Read 10416 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Superspecials (release DE febr 2012) are on Playmobil.de
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 07:54:19 »
Mah - it's the usual thing. Something comes out, people start wetting their pants in excitement and then a couple of months down the line everyone starts realising the release wasn't that hot to start off with. Just like it happened with the knights.

And then a few years later after it's discontinued, everyone realizes how great it was, points to it and talks about the good old days when PM gave us stuff like this, and buys it for a high price on ebay.

Maybe we should just keep a positive attitude towards these releases while they're with us, and while they're at a regular price.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 07:58:54 »
And then a few years later after it's discontinued, everyone realizes how great it was, points to it and talks about the good old days when PM gave us stuff like this, and buys it for a high price on ebay.

Maybe we should just keep a positive attitude towards these releases while they're with us, and while they're at a regular price.

Meh heh. I think you have a point there, BB  :P :P :P
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 11:37:11 »
MEH......x n

They might look cool now...but after 18 months of waiting...I guess I would just skip them, well...probably except the archer

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 12:36:47 »
The Archer is pretty cool though i dont see a bended arm ??? I wonder if the target is made of plasteline or what ? surely that would deform very quickly and colours mix etc cant really tell what this material is made off. Interesting to see if htese arrows actually shoot as the very first ones did many many years ago ( with the help of a tiny rubber band  :lol: :lol:) and i wonder how many of these arrows would fit into a normal playmo quiver and how many if so . these arrows would make a nice realistic touch to any archer army etc  :love: :love: :love:

I also really like the mountian biker, the clown , the air hostess  and the red knight well the helmet i like the rest looks rather weird but this helmet is mostly interesting. bad choice of color though ...  :hmm: :hmm:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 12:39:31 »
and a typical 15th/16th-century print on the arms as well (much like the falkerklicky from the Hunting Party)

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 13:05:27 »
Red boots are period, the arms are period, as are the legs... I love the hat with beard...
And I think this is one of the greatest sets ever... period. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 13:12:57 »
I really like the archer. It does look like his right is bent. It maybe just the printing on the sleeve that gives it the bent look.

Offline bona.m

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 13:34:16 »
What I think is the reason of more accessories of these coming special sets is Fi?ures series will continue and have 2nd series next year. In order to differentiate clearly between Special and Fi?ures series.

More accesories, so higher price.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 14:10:57 »
the arm is not bended... but it looks moved in towards the body to make it look like he is aiming.
I think it is definetly a marketing "look". We have seen this type of "misleading" images in another sets regarding colors and the real look of things...  :)

if the arm really moves towards the body that means a new mold and a new moving system which I think will not happen soon. if it is bended, it would look weird when not aiming the target....  :-\
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 17:44:18 »
Red boots are period, the arms are period, as are the legs... I love the hat with beard...
And I think this is one of the greatest sets ever... period. :)

I agree but I think it is too late period.