Author Topic: Playmobil Cameo in Toy Story Hawaiian Vacation?  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
Playmobil Cameo in Toy Story Hawaiian Vacation?
« on: July 28, 2011, 13:30:56 »
Greetings all - not been on here for a while cos liife's busy, busy, busy but I've just taken the boy and his friend to see Cars 2 (brilliant film) which was preceded by Toy Story Hawaiian Vacation.

It was all rather quick but I think I saw a couple of Playmobil people helping Ken with his boxes of luggage.

Has anyone else seen the short film, and did you spot them or were my eyes deceiving me.

Will try and pop back to read replies but as the little horror finished school last Friday I now have six weeks with even less chance of sitting down in front of the computer (or even sitting down)!!!!

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
Re: Playmobil Cameo in Toy Story Hawaiian Vacation?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 13:55:23 »
Yep, I saw klickies too.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 14:12:55 »
Really? That's cool! I was thinking the other day that I wish Toy Story had had klickys in it. I'll have to go see Cars 2. Though the first one, to me, just wasn't as good as most pixar.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 14:43:13 »
Best check that Toy Story Hawaiian Vacation is on with Cars 2 before you go!!!! The Klickies are on/off in a flash, so be ready for them. They are quite near the start just after Barbie emerges with her suitcase (will say no more!!).

I think Cars 2 was infinitely better than Cars, and in fact is totally different although I imagine that if I had watched in in 3D I would probably have had to leave half way through. There's a lot of action in it and I think 3D would have fried my brain!!!

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 15:12:05 »
Cars was VERY good IMO, but Cars 2 was definitively better. In my ranking the 1st place still belongs to The Incredibles, but the second place now belongs to Cars 2.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 16:26:59 »
It was all rather quick but I think I saw a couple of Playmobil people helping Ken with his boxes of luggage.

Has anyone else seen the short film, and did you spot them or were my eyes deceiving me.

after seen this for a few times, i'm quite sure those are legos... squared torsos, thin curved arms... even the girls hair its similar to  a playmobil ponytail is more common in a lego girl...  yellowish color...  :(

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 16:42:26 »
video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK7NlQwSleg&feature=related

they're definately lego...i don't think playmobil will ever make it to a Toy Story movie (if there's ever another one) - this movie is very American, so are the toys that feature in it
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 17:04:26 »
of course...they are yellow!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 17:31:07 »
Yep, definitely legos. That's too bad. :-\

Still, I'm gonna go see it. There were things i LOVED about Cars, like Mater, and all the beautiful scenery and nostalgic feel and all, I just thought the plot dragged somewhat. I'll look forward to seeing the second one. All thre Toy Storys top my list of Pixar movies, along with Nemo, though it was more childish.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 19:29:23 »
video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK7NlQwSleg&feature=related

they're definately lego...i don't think playmobil will ever make it to a Toy Story movie (if there's ever another one) - this movie is very American, so are the toys that feature in it

You mean popular in the US, I assume, cause Lego is not american..

Edit: they did have an important part in a Pretender ep though :)