Author Topic: my improved Ming soldiers  (Read 2837 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: my improved Ming soldiers
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 11:24:05 »
Great work, cheng, my friend.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 14:59:04 »
Beautifull as always Cheng!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 06:21:09 »
thanks playmofire-Gordon & grAngel ;D

No I dont paint klicky faces yet, playmogal, those eyebrows and moutages are just very good quality 'stickers'

many of us wargamers too need bent knees and bent elbows for our hundreds of archers & riflemen. but that more remote than hoping for an Asian theme  :-\

I live in Kuala Lumpur(Malaysia) and I'm sure your son has been here, great shopping(except for PM)
(sorry, we are going out of topic :P)
6 weeks in China?!! two weeks in Korea and Japan?!! lucky you!
Thanks for sharing the photos, your hubby's Chinese rickshaw and diorama deserve a new thread!  ;)
and congrats, for your new daughter in law from China, may it be 'happily ever after' for you all  :)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 11:47:56 »
Thanks, Cheng!

Very nice stickers they are! Can you reveal your sources? We could use some of those, too.

Yup we were fortunate to spend the time in Asia last year....made us realize how little we know about that part of the world even though I started going there in college during the 70's and had good friends in Bangkok and Tokyo.

Yup, you are correct about KL. My son built a Lego Petronas Towers after returning from there. He only got to spend a day in the city as he was taking the GRE (it was booked full in Singapore). But they did love Tioman Island as well. Great snorkeling and camping.

Will keep our fingers crossed for good luck for more Asian sets and bent knees and elbows for our little people. Cheers, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 02:47:52 »
since youve been to this part of the world, you might have known that 'cheng' is pronounced differently for male/females  :P and its always interesting to hear how westerners call my name (sorry, going off-topic myself)

...very nice stickers they are! Can you reveal your sources?

...My son built a Lego Petronas Towers after returning from there.....
 they did love Tioman Island as well. Great snorkeling and camping.

(1)no special stickers, I merely cut them from those very durable sticker sheets used for our signages

(2)must also thank you on behalf of our tourism minister(Dr.Ng yen-yen) for helping promote Malaysia here  ;D

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 03:00:56 »
Cheng,
Kind note...thanks!
Your stickers are the best!
We encourage everyone to visit Asia as there is so much contrast between countries there and so much to see.
Westerners have not focused much on Asia and most have no idea what awaits them if they will just open the door.
Please keep posting about your PM creations....they are quite entertaining, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 18:41:46 »
They look really good, cheng! I love the idea of turning the torsos around. :)9

I was going to ask ... Are they backwards? 8}

They look good, congratz!, and thanks for sharing :)

I think people find the helmets a little weird because they're used to the "complete" part. However, thinking about the custom, I find it very efficient :yup:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 01:23:00 »
I was going to ask ... Are they backwards? 8}
...I think people find the helmets a little weird because they're used to the "complete" part. However, thinking about the custom, I find it very efficient :yup:

yes, reversed torsos for a longer armor over their 'skirts'
I understand (we grew up on seeing these ancient helmets in movies and telly, so the only weird part is the two 'unusual' pins), thank you Gustavo!

Offline Malone

• Playmo Lover
  • CLICKMAKER
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 01:26:04 »
Fantastic soldiers Cheng....like alwais!!!  :love:
I'm getting ideas ... ;D

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!