Author Topic: Expanding the victorian mansion  (Read 10570 times)

Offline happyhooks

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • The adventures of Lady Grantham
Expanding the victorian mansion
« on: May 29, 2011, 06:04:38 »
Hi all!!
Ive already posted that I'm looking to expand my mansion and am in need of kit 7411.
Ive been thinking though (very dangerous;) what if I never succeed in getting one?
How else could you extend the mansion?
I have tons of system x as Ive just dismantled my house,hospital and police station.The system x and the mansion have completely different connecting systems though so they clearly wont fit together :'(
Has anyone else on board expanded their masion by doing their own customisation?
Even though it is a 'Victorian' mansion it seems against playmo rights to keep these little peeps under such cramped conditions :-[
Hoping someone somewhere will have some ideas.
Issyx

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: Expanding the victorian mansion
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 14:54:21 »
 :wave: Hi Issyx,
Congrats on getting your 5300!  If you are patient and willing to spend some cash, the 7411 expansion floor is still an option.  They have them for sale on eBay all the time.  Your other option is to buy spare 5300 parts and make your own expansion floor.  Here is a picture of a 5300 that has been expanded from spare parts (from eBay.)  You can put a spare railing in front of the door for safety!   ;D
Joe   

"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline happyhooks

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • The adventures of Lady Grantham
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 17:06:10 »
Thanks for the advice Joe-I love the touch about the railings:))))
My Playmos safety is paramount!
Ok adding pieces like the system x stuff would work I guess.Ill have a look on Ebay tonight.
Also after the mansion being with us for a day or so-looking at it,Im thinking could there be another way to set it up?
Hmmm the mystery continues:))))
Why am I never happy with my lot lol!?!
Issyx

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 17:31:47 »
I have a source that has them new for $225.00 USD plus shipping. Let me know if you're interested, Issy.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 19:15:28 »
No experience with the victorian mansions I'm afraid, but Joe is the right person to tell you!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 03:55:18 »
  Your other option is to buy spare 5300 parts and make your own expansion floor.  Here is a picture of a 5300 that has been expanded from spare parts (from eBay.)  You can put a spare railing in front of the door for safety!   ;D
Joe   

no .... you can't do that i'am afraid you need this part : http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-66-0240 which  is only in 7411 or else if you use spare parts from 5300 you will have two doors in "the air" because this wall part is used and in the front and in the side of the expansion floor ... see the picture basilsand posted .. ;) it will look silly ,you can find a 7411 in a good price ... but after all 5300 is gorgeous withought the expansion (even prettier actually if you have only one 5300 to display ) ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:02:37 by playmo1989 »
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline doug

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 20:48:22 »
We didn't want to spend the hundreds of $$ on the expansion floor, and were lucky enough to find a "parts" mansion for cheap, so here's what we came up with:

Instead of a "door to nowhere" we have  a "bare spot in our lattice" which I hope to repair soon.  (The piano makes a nice temporary cover.)

Our kitchen is now twice as big as the standard 5300's, our sun room is now moved to the second floor (more open lattice that will need filled or covered) and our third floor is a nice open "ballroom" or party room.

We really like the extra space and the openness of the third floor.

As one can usually find (beat-up) mansions for much cheaper than expansion floors, this seemed a unique and less expensive solution.  (And the left over parts made a decent guest cottage.)

doug

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 21:04:50 »

Instead of a "door to nowhere" we have  a "bare spot in our lattice" which I hope to repair soon.  (The piano makes a nice temporary cover.)

what happens if someone moves the piano?  :giggle: :giggle:

The spirits rule !!!!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 21:55:17 »
Very creative, Doug.  ;)  I too like the airiness of the third floor and expanded kitchen.  The triple decker bunk beds in the attic are a real treat!  ;D
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 23:14:27 »
very cool Doug! :)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: