Author Topic: Are there more new US sets in this list?  (Read 15303 times)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: Are there more new US sets in this list?
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2011, 12:07:00 »
I can fully see and understand his point about copyright and everything. However putting it "somewhere" on the internet and then expecting it to not go further then the intended group is usually not a very good strategy.

Thank you very much for your elaborate answer HM!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2011, 12:09:35 »

4. Maybe he got upset too because he did not want this piece of information roaming around all over the place prematurely to 'protect' his sources. It is after all the first mention of pcc exclusive sets of which noone has ever heard before. :shhhh:

Surely, then, he should not have published it on an open forum but on an area open only to kw members and with a warning that it should be limited to kw members.  Maybe, it would have been better not to have published it all.  Maybe, too, it is time that there was a know, formal structure to the PCC which includes the publishing of news such as this.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline henry_martini

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2011, 12:21:59 »
Maybe, too, it is time that there was a know, formal structure to the PCC which includes the publishing of news such as this.

Well spoken.

However putting it "somewhere" on the internet and then expecting it to not go further then the intended group is usually not a very good strategy.

Indeed, it is not. If you want to keep it don't put it on the internet. But in this case some of those involved might just not have been aware that it was not just a list or that there might be other issues connected with it. But this should not cause difficulties between forums that are about to collaborate on the pcc and other common interests.   

Speaking about 5959: I would have preferred if they would have kept the knights and had given us just dragoons.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:59:38 by henry_martini »
@geobra: Thanks a lot! :-)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2011, 12:23:15 »
Surely, then, he should not have published it on an open forum but on an area open only to kw members and with a warning that it should be limited to kw members.  Maybe, it would have been better not to have published it all.  Maybe, too, it is time that there was a know, formal structure to the PCC which includes the publishing of news such as this.

I totally agree Gordon and Gis!
 :)9
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2011, 12:49:05 »
THis borders on the ridiculous.  We're talking about a list of numbers.  Are these numbers launch codes to nuclear weapons?  No?  Oh thats right, just a list of new TOYS that are going to be released. In the past it seemed like alot of new info came from KW.  What has changed or is it a good ol case of "I don't wanna share my toys" 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8}

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2011, 12:57:41 »
PF hosted the PCC pilot group, shouldn't we be getting this information first, anyway?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline henry_martini

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2011, 13:01:52 »
PF hosted the PCC pilot group, shouldn't we be getting this information first, anyway?

The pcc should get such information first. I guess it was supposed to be this way in this case too.
@geobra: Thanks a lot! :-)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2011, 13:03:41 »

I think that PF as such is not entitled to anything, The Pilot Group Board (of which I am a member and which is officially disolved) would IMO be the persons who should hear this first so that they can make sure that this information is spread to ALL the collectors at the same time.

I don't think this is a mater where Geobra wanted to share anything. It's a leak, and as it goes with leaks you don't know where it is going to happen otherwise you would have made preventive measurements.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2011, 14:07:32 »
Maybe it's time for us to consider adopting some guidelines around this issue.  We probably all learned pretty much the same "rules" in school about how to cite sources when writing a paper or preparing a speech.  Those rules are basically what "fair use" is all about.  Internet etiquette is probably much looser but it doesn't have to be. 

Here is one very simple suggestion:
When interesting information is discovered on an internet source and you wish to share that info with others, simply provide a link to that source.  If someone doesn't want links made to their on-line comments then they shouldn't be posting their info in a public forum.

One obstacle is that a person needs to be a logged-in member on a site like Playmofriends or Klickywelt in order to see photos.  In a case like that we can help people figure out how to become members.  People can also continue to ask for permission to copy and re-post original photos (just like so many people have already done in the past.) 

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2011, 14:14:03 »
Sounds very good Indianna!