Author Topic: Are there more new US sets in this list?  (Read 15322 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: Are there more new US sets in this list?
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2011, 20:16:12 »
I am not a lawyer, but my local SCA group recently had a case
where Walmart stole the design of one of our artisans, and put it on a tee-shirt!
You do not need to register it or even make money off the design,
You draw it or paint it or whatever and it is automatically copyrighted.

(As Gordon says they vary, but these are the laws in the US)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2011, 20:16:56 »
(*): the fact that it was already in English, makes me believe the original source - from where the Klickywelt-guy got his intel - was NOT German.
???
Perhaps the original source is german: Geobra. They also write some international texts in English.
A seller, who got that early informations from Geobra and told them to this guy (or this guy IS the seller who got the infomations directly from Geobra?) who posted at KW.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2011, 20:18:21 »
I think you are safe, Hadoque, as long as you never again travel to the dark side of Pluto!   :lol:

The bottom line is, I think, that regular conversation, whether spoken or written, does not rise to the level of a protected work (unless, perhaps, one is Dorothy Parker or Oscar Wilde.  ;) )

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2011, 20:26:14 »
???
Perhaps the original source is german: Geobra. They also write some international texts in English.
A seller, who got that early informations from Geobra and told them to this guy (or this guy IS the seller who got the infomations directly from Geobra?) who posted at KW.

Yes, that's possible. But if it is in English because it came from Geobra, that most probably means the description is intended for use on... the INTERNATIONAL market.

If the "klickwelt-guy" - or his source - did not want the information to be publicly known, then why the heck post it on Klickywelt where people can read it?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2011, 20:33:38 »
I think you are safe, Hadoque, as long as you never again travel to the dark side of Pluto!   :lol:

I'll use a 7th generation stealth-fighter next time  ;)

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2011, 21:04:50 »
I just saw...
Someone on "Klickywelt" copied from here and posted to their forum...  the list which I found on their forum and copied here and which was deleted on their forum afterwards! This is going  8}  :lol: :lol:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2011, 21:20:41 »
After being corrected about the definition of copy right, that sheds an entire different light on this issue. The original composer has specific rights that are enforced differently from country to country where the source is stored. It may prove to be acknowledged that you can be prosecuted for continued pasting of information without consent from the original source. Although this is a toy forum, laws determine how information is shared. It's a shame others are not as friendly with sharing as others, which makes it a question of should we be more protective of our forum information?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2011, 21:24:57 »
I just saw...
Someone on "Klickywelt" copied from here and posted to their forum...  the list which I found on their forum and copied here and which was deleted on their forum afterwards! This is going  8}  :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:munch: :munch: :munch:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2011, 22:00:32 »
I just saw...

Or did they write it down and then type it in on kw?    ??? ??? ???
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2011, 22:01:29 »
After being corrected about the definition of copy right, that sheds an entire different light on this issue. The original composer has specific rights that are enforced differently from country to country where the source is stored. It may prove to be acknowledged that you can be prosecuted for continued pasting of information without consent from the original source. Although this is a toy forum, laws determine how information is shared. It's a shame others are not as friendly with sharing as others, which makes it a question of should we be more protective of our forum information?

Bill, I don't think that any normal conversation which takes place here at Playmofriends (or elsewhere) rises to the level of an original work protected by copyright, so I don't think we have to worry about that.  You could post that "Indianna is a silly dodo-head" and, no matter how clever, original, and witty this might be, anyone would be free to copy and paste it or say it to other people.  Now if you were to create a Playmobil diorama that expresses the same idea you could justifiably complain if someone else took credit for it.  But I doubt that you would bother to sue them in court over it unless they were making money from it.  Now, if Walmart put it on a T-shirt . . . .  :hmm:   :lol:
U.S.A.      Massachusetts