Author Topic: Are there more new US sets in this list?  (Read 15329 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Are there more new US sets in this list?
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2011, 19:30:56 »
I agree. There is absolutely no point to this secrecy! The fan community all over the world should have equal rights to know about new releases. And come on, these are smiling plastic toys, not national secrets!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2011, 19:31:22 »
But in Germany a forum has to protect itself and the owner against people who will sue (right word?) them and get money for it, if they do something wrong (e.g. copying pictures).

Again, I am asking, are these people playmobil officials? The people who put pictures on KW and claim copyright over them?  How does one, who is not professionally and legally associated with playmobil, claim copyright over a picture, or a list that is playmobil property? Those few members, as you said, who don't want to share this information why do they not want to share it?

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2011, 19:31:41 »
Actually, it is the same at both places.  Anyone can read the posts at both Klickywelt and Playmofriends without logging in but they can't see pictures without being registered and logged in (except for photos hosted by a third-party site such as image shack.)
I tested it. You are right and I was wrong in THIS POINT. Both texts could be read without login.

It's difficult for me to answer questions and assertions of many members here and my english is not so fluently. So you post 3 new texts and I answer 1... (stress)

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2011, 19:32:32 »
3 inch tall figures with perma-grins are SERIOUS BUSINESS! :shhhh: :shhhh:

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2011, 19:33:45 »
Again, I am asking, are these people playmobil officials? The people who put pictures on KW and claim copyright over them?  How does one, who is not professionally and legally associated with playmobil, claim copyright over a picture, or a list that is playmobil property?
If he made the photo himself, he is the owner of the Copyright over THIS photo. You can post others (selfmade)...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2011, 19:34:54 »
But there has been a lot of fuss made over stock pictures from playmobil, not self-made pictures.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2011, 19:37:32 »
If he made the photo himself, he is the owner of the Copyright over THIS photo. You can post others (selfmade)...

I can understand this for a picture of a custom, a diorama, or a picture of a displayed collection... but for a picture of the box? So someone can go into a toy shop, take a picture of a playmobil set and then claim copyright over that picture and say ''if you want to share you need my approval''?

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2011, 19:43:17 »
Let's not all jump on poor zugpferdchen who, in my opinion, is only trying to be helpful!   :wave:

I think most of the folks at klickywelt and at playmofriends are all nice people who want to share information and ideas freely.  We have some problems, though.  Differences in language, customs, and even laws may sometimes get in the way of complete understanding.  Regarding copyright law, however, I am pretty sure that there is not any copyright protection for the type of conversation that goes on in an internet forum.  On the other hand, if someone posts a written story, a photo or photostory, a poem, a painting or drawing, or any original work that he or she created, then that would be protected by copyright.  Referencing someone else's work is usually permitted under the concept of "fair use."  Most countries seem to have the same approaches to copyright isues but if a particular country has different laws they would only be applicable in that particular country.
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2011, 19:47:20 »
My point exactly. Someone's artistic work, and a piece of news, are two totally different things.

And yes, Zug, we don't mean to attack you personally! We're full of questions, and you seem to be the one stuck trying to answer them all. Thank you for trying to help.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2011, 19:48:58 »
NO!
Don't put all members in one pot. Only SOME (!) of the KW-users don't want to share informations with other forums.
Did you get the infos of the new catalog from KW or did you not? Yes, the KW mods shared the informations with the PF.
I don't know the US Right. But in Germany a forum has to protect itself and the owner against people who will sue (right word?) them and get money for it, if they do something wrong (e.g. copying pictures).

Who are these some people? If information is so prone to be sued over, Klickywelt should not allow any pictures or discussion about Playmobil in general! You say some KW-users don't want to share information to other forums, & I ask why? What is so secret that they wish to be so stingy? As I have stated before, these are just TOYS! It isn't like anyone is going to manufacture a look a like to steal their ideas. All we want to do, is discuss them & share the same enthusiasm like parents of a new baby! Really, it sounds like a bunch of little kids saying nanny nanny boo boo, I'm not going to share with you!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!