Author Topic: Are there more new US sets in this list?  (Read 15335 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Are there more new US sets in this list?
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 18:06:30 »
Exactly, Indianna. I don't think that copyright policy is legally sound. They can say it, but it wouldn't hold up in court. Copying a photo story and claiming it as your own would be one thing, but this is different!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 18:08:57 »
Hadoque, in my opinion you have done nothing wrong!  You told us the source of your information and, without repeating anyone else's statements, you merely repeated a list of set numbers and names (which you possibly also translated into English?)  Despite the disclaimer that zugpferdchen mentions, klickywelt is an internet web site that anyone in the world can read.  To say that one cannot repeat information that is posted there is like saying that you cannot discuss a news story posted on the website of a newspaper or magazine.  Ridiculous!  >:(

yes I agree,  absolutly ridiculous!

I find this quite puzzling, as I have seen on klickywelt a link to a topic here with pictures I posted announcing new US exclusives.... I don't mind this AT ALL, but it's strange to think that they would mind if the situation were reversed. ???

so if I understand correctly, WE CAN'T quote them or use any of their info but THEY CAN use ours, link us or copy us without permission???  mmm they are lovely.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 18:37:47 »
so if I understand correctly, WE CAN'T quote them or use any of their info but THEY CAN use ours, link us or copy us without permission???  mmm they are lovely.
And who is »they«?

One thing is the technical problem (here it is open, in KW it is closed)
Copyright in both directions, I think: If someone wants to post infos/pictures from here, he has to ask the author.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 18:40:12 »
No one asked my permission before linking to my thread. ;)
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2011, 18:43:11 »

Sorry I don't get that... what is open and what is closed? In klickywelt all is locked up in a vault and here in playmofriends we have everything open up in the public? is that what you mean?

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2011, 18:45:57 »
I agree, you cited your source. I don't see the issue. I mean isn't that taking things just a little too seriously?  ::) What is wrong with information exchange??? Isn't all of this in good fun?
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2011, 18:52:07 »
Sorry I don't get that... what is open and what is closed? In klickywelt all is locked up in a vault and here in playmofriends we have everything open up in the public? is that what you mean?
I mean:
You said, that texts here at Playmofriends could be read without login. In the Klickywelt you can't.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2011, 18:56:31 »
And who is »they«?

Copyright in both directions, I think: If someone wants to post infos/pictures from here, he has to ask the author.

"they" are the people from klickywelt who CAN (') quote and link bonniebeth without her permission.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2011, 18:59:49 »
Which, again, I do not mind at all!!! I just don't think they should mind either.

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2011, 19:00:14 »
No one asked my permission before linking to my thread. ;)
Only if one takes the photos or the text, he/she has to ask you (links are ok without asking).

I agree, you cited your source. I don't see the issue. I mean isn't that taking things just a little too seriously?  ::) What is wrong with information exchange??? Isn't all of this in good fun?
I only want to inform you, what I am understanding. I am not the representative of the Klickywelt and of all opinions there.
If I have an information or photo and someone asks me to post it here, I would say ok (or I post it myself here).