Author Topic: Are there more new US sets in this list?  (Read 15331 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Are there more new US sets in this list?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 14:46:32 »
Any SKU starting with a 5 is made in China. It's surprising to see this happen.

I have the micro castle set on my desk (4333) and the barcode begins with a 4 and on the outer it says "tested by LGA", a quality control body for
furniture, household goods and toys in Germany.  Here's what I found about it:

LGA certification certifies a product’s high and consistent quality. It confirms the safety and performance capability of a product and therefore its comprehensive quality. It is a guarantee that technical requirements for safety have been met and that they are tested and regularly monitored by the independent institution LGA.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 16:46:31 »
Back to the topic of the list with new sets (see 1st post):

I've received a PM on Klickywelt, from the person that published the list there:

He writes he is very upset that I have shared his information here, and that he will never again publish information about new sets, and he thanks me for being the cause of that.
He has removed his information from where I found it on Klickywelt.

I've replied by asking why sharing info with the non-German speaking Playmobil-community is such a problem. I also added he could have shared his view on my "information-copying" in more friendly words, then I might have considered asking Sylvia to remove the list.
I didn't mention the war.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 16:49:47 »
I don't understand why he is so upset about sharing information to fellow Playmobil lovers.  :eh?:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 17:06:37 »
I don't understand why he is so upset about sharing information to fellow Playmobil lovers.  :eh?:

Maybe he believes that knowledge is power and wants to keep it all for himself.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 17:36:20 »
I find this quite puzzling, as I have seen on klickywelt a link to a topic here with pictures I posted announcing new US exclusives.... I don't mind this AT ALL, but it's strange to think that they would mind if the situation were reversed. ???
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 17:48:02 »
I've replied by asking why sharing info with the non-German speaking Playmobil-community is such a problem.

I am very curious to see if he will answer and wat will that answer be.

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 17:53:28 »
A link (to text or picture) is one thing. It's no problem, I think.
But if you copy pictures or text (infos?), you have to ask the author (Copyright).
This is perhaps the reason for the trouble of/with the author.

Quote from: Klickywelt Copyright
Copyright
All material on this page and the following is protected by copyright. Any use of commercial or noncommercial nature is not permitted without my consent or the consent of the post author.
If you wish to use material from this site or show, write me an e-mail: xxx@xxx.de or contact the post author.

Every member in Klickywelt accepted this.

PS: I am not the author of this text an not of the US Sets Text...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 18:04:20 »

Yes, but links to kw are useless because we cannot see the pics, whereas I purposely post my pics in such a way anyone can see them. I don't see any reason not to share.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 18:04:40 »
Hadoque, in my opinion you have done nothing wrong!  You told us the source of your information and, without repeating anyone else's statements, you merely repeated a list of set numbers and names (which you possibly also translated into English?)  Despite the disclaimer that zugpferdchen mentions, klickywelt is an internet web site that anyone in the world can read.  To say that one cannot repeat information that is posted there is like saying that you cannot discuss a news story posted on the website of a newspaper or magazine.  Ridiculous!  >:(
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 18:05:22 »
But if you copy pictures or text (infos?), you have to ask the author (Copyright).
This is perhaps the reason for the trouble of/with the author.

I wonder, was this text or picture originally created by the person who also created the set? I mean,was this text or picture placed on Klickywelt by Playmobil? Or this guy is a close friend to playmobil and he has exclusivity from Playmobil to share these pictures and text, and everybody need to take his permission to list it somewhere else?

I am sorry, but I cannot understand why, if this person is not the manufacturer, or legally representic the manufacturer, he claims a copyright on lists and images first distributed by playmobil (who are the only ones to claim copyright on their pictures and texts)?