Author Topic: Are there more new US sets in this list?  (Read 15300 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: Are there more new US sets in this list?
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2011, 14:45:02 »
A link (to text or picture) is one thing. It's no problem, I think.
But if you copy pictures or text (infos?), you have to ask the author (Copyright).
This is perhaps the reason for the trouble of/with the author.

Quote from: Klickywelt Copyright

Copyright
All material on this page and the following is protected by copyright. Any use of commercial or noncommercial nature is not permitted without my consent or the consent of the post author.
If you wish to use material from this site or show, write me an e-mail: xxx@xxx.de or contact the post author.

Every member in Klickywelt accepted this.

PS: I am not the author of this text an not of the US Sets Text...

Zugpferdchen, could you please let me know where this quote comes from on the Klickywelt site?  When I originally signed up over there I was struggling with the language difference - now that the framework can be seen in English, I thought I should know what I was agreeing to!   ;)   

Also, I was checking Klickywelt (and Playmofriends, too) to see if there is any policy about linking to the site from other websites.  I couldn't find anything in either location.  As far as I can tell, the only rules at either site are about activity on the site itself with no prohibitions or limits on linking to the sites.  Has anyone seen any other rules about this?
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2011, 21:54:57 »
I agree that the klickywelt member is probably trying to protect his source, but you can't protect something (as many have already commented), when you post on the net! This whole secrecy business will hopefully come to an end when we have our established playmobil collectors club full of transparency and shared enthusiasm.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2011, 00:00:01 »
Most of what I would have to say has been said by others already.
One point not made is that this could all be fiction. There is nothing to show that any of these sets do or will exist. Of course if it's fiction then it would be a creative work and under copyright...  :P

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2011, 00:05:46 »
One point not made is that this could all be fiction. There is nothing to show that any of these sets do or will exist. Of course if it's fiction then it would be a creative work and under copyright...  :P

:o :o :o
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2011, 01:28:48 »
Is anyone here a lawyer?  :lol:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2011, 13:57:30 »
No, just arm chair quarterbacks! :lol:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2011, 14:03:14 »

Interesting point, Tim.  It could even be a subtle form of market research by Geobra.   :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2011, 14:20:54 »
THis borders on the ridiculous.  We're talking about a list of numbers.  Are these numbers launch codes to nuclear weapons?  No?  Oh thats right, just a list of new TOYS that are going to be released. In the past it seemed like alot of new info came from KW.  What has changed or is it a good ol case of "I don't wanna share my toys" 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8}

Sad, but true I'm afraid!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2011, 21:09:49 »
One point not made is that this could all be fiction. There is nothing to show that any of these sets do or will exist.

:hmm:

I wouldn't make up a list of fictional sets and I'm sure the source on Klickywelt didn't make it up either; he's part of the forum-administration and responsible for all info regarding non-German sets. You could say his source might have made it up, but that seems a farfetched and unlikely scenario IMHO.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Abbot Hamilton

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Diet of Worms?
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2011, 22:12:03 »
I didn't mention the war.  :lol:  8}

Hadoque, I almost fell off my chair laughing at that last line. I kept thinking of Basil Fawlty " don't mention the war! ".

" Don't tell him your name Pike! "

This whole copying issue would be funny if it was not actually sad.
O brother where for art thou?