Author Topic: Custom-printing on klicky-torsos  (Read 6245 times)

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
Re: Custom-printing on klicky-torsos
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 00:08:22 »
there are companys in germany they do it. its kinda cheap. 20 euro setup and when u have 300 or 400 its like 10 cent each..

Offline henry_martini

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 09:10:05 »
On the issue of possible violation of Geobra-property/copyright;
it seems that it also depends on what design one uses for printing. If it is a design based on (or very similar to) existing Playmobil body-prints, one might get in conflicht with Geobra.
For example the 6 designs on the left here are based on a Geobra-design, the other 4 on the right are not...

There is a difference between Urheberrecht (= lit. 'right of the creator') and copyright although 'copyright' is normally offered as a translation. Urheberrecht protects certain classes of products (as said before art and such) from being changed/misused (if done in public) by others, copyright protects against being copied. So all items are possibly Urheberechtsverletzungen, while the 6 on the left maybe break copyright too.

Klickywelt is quite cautious about any possible legal issues because they want to protect their respective owners from being held responsible. Hence they once removed pictures with printed torsos from a member who is asking in the above mentioned thread why other pictures are still visible on which as he assumes (erroneously) printed torsos are shown. The following posts are about the KW rules in this regard (and if those are printed or not), not about actual moves of geobra.
@geobra: Thanks a lot! :-)

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 13:24:03 »
hello henry ,

sure some body are very near playmobil one but not exactly the same ,i'm not sure these designs belong to playmobil , you think i do a mistake to buy some ? do you think showing theses body can be a problem ?

geobra on the contrary of lego don't use copyright , pirate of the caraibe theme for example is near the film but not exactly the same but .... 

In klikiwelt , you could see a lot of the same tampongraphie i show you in here ,why the rules are not the same for everyone ???? i post one and it's in line !! i can give you many link from different forums if you want .   

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 13:57:31 »
Hey!
Well, thanks to Ras' links, we all know a bit more about pad printing so I'll refocus on another problem Geobra has with these. (BTW, geobra uses serigraphy, which is yet another method,  ;)).
The root of such covert industry is providing enough torsos to make the price of one stamp worth it. And that's where Geobra doesn't like it: who can provide 300 white, 300 yellow and 300 green torsos in a wink? Don't tell me these guys buy 900 boxes to dimantle 900 clickies (I get blisters on my fingers after 20 or 30 at a time), and then pad-print them.
These torsos have to come from the factory one way or another.
When I visited the Malta factory, we went through a corridor where hundreds of bags of body parts were stacked. It was like: 5000 romans arms, 5000 plain white torsos, 5000 female klicky heads, and so on...I say 5000 but it may be more, the bags were huge.
Sneaking some out wouldn't be reeeeally difficult for one employee, don't you think?

Just my  :2c:

Arnaud
Life in the so called space age...

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 14:16:10 »
hi Arnaud , i know where theses body comes from : theses sellers tell me they buy huge quantity of playmobils and sell them in parts to earn more money , of course , now , i'm not sure it's true but it's difficult to say they comes from malta and were stolen to the factory . i wonder where comes the part like collars and belt comes from for the seller in france as well because i've never heard other things like legs was sold in another place ; maybe he buy to the same people ? on that point i just can ask question .     

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 15:23:39 »
You posted this in another thread:

these body are made by ALBATOR33 , FONTENOY-ROCROI , AND C.....  WHO DON'T WANT TO BE NAMED .   

ALBATOR33 body with my customs

So now I wonder about the body-parts shown in this ebay-listing linked to below;
Are they genuine Playmobil printed parts (they look just like the original torso from the French soldiers in sets like f.e. 3112) OR are they exact copies of the original, made by using the tampography/pad printing- method ??

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/5-BUSTES-BRAS-DE-SOLDAT-FRANCAIS-PLAYMOBIL-/250781957085?pt=FR_YO_JeuxJouets_MiniUnivers&hash=item3a63c4fbdd#ht_2046wt_648

The seller also offers Napoleonic customs, obviously made with the tampography/pad-printing, so that's why I am not sure about the torsos he has on offer in the 1st link...

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/MAGNIFIQUE-GRENADIER-HOLLANDAIS-CUSTOM-/250819747072?pt=FR_YO_JeuxJouets_MiniUnivers&hash=item3a66059d00#ht_1934wt_648

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/MAGNIFIQUE-OFFICIER-GRENADIER-CUSTOM-NAPOLEON-PLAYMOBIL-/250819747099?pt=FR_YO_JeuxJouets_MiniUnivers&hash=item3a66059d1b#ht_1854wt_648

Btw, how resistant are these custom-prints? Does the print hold well, like with original Playmobil-prints?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 15:26:31 »
I seems to me that the torsos in the first listing are original playmobil. Why would someone want to reprint these? there are other designs that can work well for customs!

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 15:30:53 »
i agree with wolf knight , it must be original parts . tampongraphie is more fragyl than the body of playmobil .

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 15:32:16 »
Why would someone want to reprint these?

Well, I also think these are original but I'm not 100% sure (anymore)...

If one has the Georginetto-syndrome (  :lol: ;) ) and wants to build large armies based on this specific torso, it might be handy to self-reprint the body-parts if one has this cability, instead of buying the whole soldiers from DS? And sell a few torsos to other people?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 15:43:49 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 15:57:32 »
Point taken... the more the merrier!