Author Topic: Custom-printing on klicky-torsos  (Read 6254 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Custom-printing on klicky-torsos
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 15:39:13 »
Is Geobra flexing it muscles towards commercial operations or towards individual private collectors?

What a great way to take old plain Klickies torsos and print a very beautiful custom image on them. 
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 17:21:34 »
@ Wolf Knight: Would you mind posting a view from the rear?  :)

Its the exact same printing with the blue torso Jeremy has posted!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 18:25:55 »
I am also interested in how the printing is done; which technique(s) are used?
Can you do it "in the kitchen"?
Or do you have to have a big basement (cellar) with a huge printing-machine hidden in it??  :lol:

Is Geobra flexing it muscles towards commercial operations or towards individual private collectors?

Not sure if Geobra is acting differently towards this then in the past, I only brought the subject up now because untill a few weeks ago I wasn't aware of this custom-printing. I thought everyone who had these was just using stickers... :-[

Since most prints I've seen are very nice and done for 18th/19th century soldiers, I'm interested in the technique(s). If it is easy enough to do, I might give it a shot myself... for personal use that is.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 18:31:41 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 18:42:44 »
nothing to add to this thread but one question :-[

where do the blue and red torsos (on the far right) come from? :-[ ;D :-[

http://a.imageshack.us/img837/2224/gtfdcvb007.jpg

:-[ thank you  :-[
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 18:49:39 »
I am also interested in how the printing is done; which technique(s) are used?

I'm surprised you have not heard it until now, its a technic called tampography

This was the best reference i could find: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tampograph but I am sure a few months ago I saw a far more detailed article somewhere...

edit---

I think this is the one... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampograph

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 18:54:43 »
I'm only just hearing about this in the last few weeks myself.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 19:20:15 »
hi , i will post tonight customs with tampongraphie and answer all the question , theses body are made by Albator 33 in france (i've no time to write this afternoon) , i stop communication with the seller of tampongraphie in france for other reason and i cannot help anybody to get some in here . Sure it's a great job , a sticker will become yellow with the time and it's very clean !! be carrefull : some have bad ink and i lost money to buy scratch body with some .    

i called playmobil on that subject : as a collector you can do what you want with playmobil parts .

The problem if you sell some is that the ink can be dangerous for childreens and if there's a problem one day with that playmobil with consider his image is in danger and will plaint agains't the seller .Of course if you copy playmobil design , it's another problem , you make false wich is illegal !

For the marketing service in france a childreen can easilly take this for a toy because he know playmobil and they should protect their toy regard the law.

As you know the law is different on each country and is not always what want the marketing service even i understand the fact they want to protect and control their products .

As well for the custom made with painting (playmobil don't want that !) , you can do what you want regards the french law but if you sell some , you must be responsable and tell it's for adult and not for kids and if you're unlucky and a child have a problem , you will have probably playmobil lawyer again't you ...

Playmobil have money to protect his toys and if they do a process (even they lose ) , you will have to pay a lawyer as well and it can cost you money , that's why some seller of tampongraphie don't want their job appear on ebay for exemple .  

The person i have on the telephone as me why people sell customs to earn few euro , i answer i had to buy kg to get rare piece and can keep all theses playmobils !! (i have 5000 playmobils and think i'm a good customer for geobra ...)

I respect the child and morality and that's why i agree with the fact to not make things who should heurt childreens (blood for exemple) , maybe i'm seem to be far from the subject but it's the same thing with doing politic with customs : geobra do a "us army want you " (i was the first doing that) and r unglick in his book show a cheguevara of someone else but attaque this person for a french president in custom ...

My opinion , it's very subjectiv , if customers can help playmobil to have ideas or to show it's a great toys with nice customs , it's free marketing for them , if they consider it's not good marketing for us , it's different ...  if we made philosophie , the knights was violent , guns are violent and child play violence ... (better to play what they cannot do in reel for a psy !!)    

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 19:28:12 »
tampongraphie is the same technique used by playmobil and on a lot's of toys , you can do that by yourself and should make a lot for a "cheap" price . You pay the "tampon" ( master ) near 60E and after that it depend on the number of color , you cannot do that under 100 body and that's why people have to sell the exedent (and i never do my own one ...) you must find a lot of body and playmobil as you know now don't want that , a printing like that will cost you lot's of money : depend on the number of colors but with the body it could cost you 1,2E to 1,6E for one body (i buy theses body 2E or 2,5E and have to find the rest )   

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 20:20:22 »
Thanks for the link, Panos, and the explantions Gaspod  :)

But I'm afraid I'm a technical zero and I still don't understand how it is applied on a klicky...

I've done some more reading on Klickywelt and there is heated debate there about the issue of showing pics of the printed-klickies.

On the issue of possible violation of Geobra-property/copyright;
it seems that it also depends on what design one uses for printing. If it is a design based on (or very similar to) existing Playmobil body-prints, one might get in conflicht with Geobra.
For example the 6 designs on the left here are based on a Geobra-design, the other 4 on the right are not...

http://a.imageshack.us/img837/2224/gtfdcvb007.jpg

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 20:49:47 »
Thanks for the link, Panos, and the explantions Gaspod  :)

But I'm afraid I'm a technical zero and I still don't understand how it is applied on a klicky...

I checked under Pad printing

Video

and here is the one Geobra must not like

Video #2   :rock:

Edit: Fixed, I was wondering why that was such a long link code  :-[
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 21:06:16 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: