Author Topic: Custom Victorian Mansion  (Read 12168 times)

Offline Nickers

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Custom Victorian Mansion
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2011, 11:06:40 »
Thank you toyologist and tonguello!  :love:

The flower paper is prepasted 1:12 dollhouse stuff that I won on ebay. It was not in a package and has no identifying marks for brand... so I'm really not sure.  :-[

Offline Nickers

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 22:36:26 »
 :hmm: Had my first disaster. Fusion paint says apply multiple coats within 24 hours or after a week. I noticed a spot on a wall where the paint was too thin and the tan was showing through a bit. It'd been more than a week. Applied another coat to touch up that spot. I think the paint can lies... it immediately looked horrid. I tried to sand it off and save the wall... but when I can get another for $8 it's really not worth the hours it would take. :'(

On a happy note... kitchen window turned out pretty decent! I'm happy with it. But the bedroom above will not have a matching window. Long story, but I nearly ruined that wall as well. He he!

I also started applying the ceiling! It's a textured victorian looking paper. I really like how it looks, but it's a pain lining up the pattern.  :lol:

Once I get the first floor finished, I'm going to take a break for a couple days and get my thought process back in order. It's amazing how one dollhouse project can take up all the space in the kitchen, garage, dining room, and various areas of floor. I need to get organized and get a system going... before my husband freaks out!  ;D

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 00:51:58 »
It's all looking great! Love the kitchen window! And a very nice choice for the ceiling also.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 03:27:57 »
great! I love the white banister and the ceiling choice!  8}
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 05:12:10 »
The kitchen window is a nice idea and I like the white stairway-railing a lot  :)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2011, 05:20:26 »
The work is progressing very nicely!!!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2011, 11:40:05 »
great! I love the white banister and the ceiling choice!  8}

by banister I meant stairways railing..... I believe they are the same....  ??? ???
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 17:13:18 »
Your custom work on this house is wonderful. I find it disturbing to even paint playmobil but if I had skills like these I would be cutting all kinds of stuff

Thanks for the updates on your custom house
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2011, 18:01:13 »
it's very nice  :)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Nickers

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2011, 21:38:07 »
Thank you all so much for the kind words!  :love:

Two things I learned today...
1. Spray glue does not bond carpet ... but super glue does!
2. Super glue does not bond plastic dollhouse flooring... but plastic glue does!

I'll take more photos once I get the rest of the flooring and curtains installed on the first floor.  :)