Author Topic: Custom Victorian Mansion  (Read 12171 times)

Offline Nickers

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Custom Victorian Mansion
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 11:41:01 »
Thank you Lindama!  :)

He he! I finally made a profile pic! It's probably temporary. I'll do a better one once the house is completed.  ;D

The sunroom is finished. I have to wait until the second floor is done to permanently attach it to the house. The floor is paper flooring that looks like stone. I laminated the top side and spray glued it down. The floor in the sunroom, the balcony over the sunroom, and the little balcony over the main entrance are all the same. I wasn't sure about how glossy the laminate makes it look... but I'm pleased with the results. 

The living room pic is from a few days ago... I have the wall papering done in there now. It's a real heavy textured scrap book paper. I need to get the all the walls complete on the first floor before I can install the tile and carpet though. I'm at a bit of a stand still waiting on orders right now.  :)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 13:45:12 »
Very nice! Looking forward to the progress on your project :)9

I've been thinking about enlarging my mansion too (the yellow 5301), though only sideways (for use as my "Governor's House" in a 18th century Carribean island / harbourtown diorama). I want to avoid though adding another floor to the standard mansion; otherwise the house becomes too high relative to the other houses and towers in the town, and too the - even enlarged in hight - masts of the ships in the harbour.
I think some sawing and glueing would be required, but sofar I've not been willing to do that...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 14:06:20 »
It's looking beautiful so far! Can't wait to see more!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Nickers

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 14:07:43 »
Thank you Hadoque and bonniebeth!  :)

If I didn't all ready have most of my cutting finished... I think I would go buy a scroll saw. lol.

So... I was sitting there staring at the house this morning (I do that a lot), and I was thinking how the kitchen (down stairs far right when looking at the front of the house) should have a window over the kitchen sink. I'm using solid walls on the sides of the house because I don't like placing tall furniture in front of windows. lol. Anyway, I think I'm going to cut a hole in the center of the solid wall and use the smaller square window from the dormers for over the sink. Of course, I'll have to do the same thing in the second floor wall above it so they'll match. I'm totally OCD.  8}

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 14:10:19 »
I think that will be very pretty! I love a window over the sink. :love:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 14:17:50 »
Looks very nice!!!

Offline Nickers

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 21:27:31 »
Thanks bonniebeth and Wolf knight!  :)

Just finished up wallpapering the dining room! It's going to eventually have blue carpet. And I fabricated a real toilet. lol. I wasn't into the old fashioned one and I don't really care for the futuristic looking ones either. Also, I'll be permanently attaching all the things that would be permanently attached in a real house... like the toilet, tub, sinks, kitchen cabinets, etc.  :love:

Offline Nickers

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2011, 01:49:44 »
For the small lower attic area, I was thinking of having a ladder access. Does anyone know... will that 9 rung brown ladder reach from one floor to the next in the victorian mansion? Anyone know how tall those ladders are? Thanks a bunch.  :)

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2011, 01:58:50 »
Looking good!

The ladders are about 7 inches.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2011, 03:17:23 »
You are great customizer! I love the flower wall paper and the toilet!! Really cool!
What kind of papaer is it?

cool avatar btw!  :wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com