Author Topic: mississippi steamer SystemX Customizing !!!  (Read 12341 times)

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
Re: mississippi steamer SystemX Customizing !!!
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 20:56:24 »
hi richard
the colorado queen i suspect might be more of a working boat with a few passengers aboard to bring extra money to buy liquor to keep the crew content and working.  the sandra belle, seems a bit more classy, with what appears to be private rooms, that's why i was wondering what sort of activities were going on inside.  thanks for the view of the colorado queen.
kaethe

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 21:21:49 »
hi richard
the colorado queen i suspect might be more of a working boat with a few passengers aboard to bring extra money to buy liquor to keep the crew content and working.  the sandra belle, seems a bit more classy, with what appears to be private rooms, that's why i was wondering what sort of activities were going on inside.  thanks for the view of the colorado queen.
kaethe

You are correct, Kaethe ...

There are TWO major Colorado Rivers in the United States. One flows through Texas to the Gulf of Mexico (894 miles) and the other flows from Colorado to the Gulf of California (1450 miles).

The Colorado Queen was a working boat that was berthed in Colorado.

Before the dams were built, you could travel from western Colorado, through southeast Utah, western Arizona (along the Nevada and California borders), through the Grand Canyon, into Mexico and finally to the Gulf of California (Pacific Ocean).

It was probably a much more exciting trip than a steamboat ride down the lazy Mississippi ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 11:31:51 »
I guess I wont be swimming in those waters very soon.

M

Or at least, not for very long...

Fantastic customisation! The bustle and industry going on aboard brings the whole thing alove, but the bare ship would still stagger me.

I can see how, given a particular theme you want to build, you can go a long way with existing sets and parts, but you've got to be pretty familiar with the choices available, and have the $$$ to invest. I shudder to think what all this would have cost in the UK if one was building from scratch.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2008, 17:31:47 »
The custom steamboat is fantastic.

I think System X is not bad--I just don't have enough of it to do anything interesting, whereas I have a lot of steck...

-Tim

Offline Dan

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2008, 10:25:59 »
With not too much effort, the Colorado Queen could become a Nile gunboat manned with Victorian sailors and marines......mmmmmmmmm  interesting thought!
http://www.melik.org.uk/gunboats.htm

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008, 17:48:22 »

Hello, Dan ...

With not too much effort, the Colorado Queen could become a Nile gunboat manned with Victorian sailors and marines......mmmmmmmmm  interesting thought!
http://www.melik.org.uk/gunboats.htm

Great idea !!!

And, a great article (link) !!!

THank you very much,
Richard

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2008, 14:48:23 »
 8}Wow! Those Nile gunboats have PLAYMOBIL written all over them :yup:.
Inspiration, inspiration!
Jimbo