Author Topic: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture  (Read 31450 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2011, 23:46:14 »
My next door neighbor just died at nearly 90, she was very overweight most of her life, and ate a farm-girl diet, lots of lard and all. You just never know.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2011, 00:09:23 »

thanks for the information bonnie  :)  i'am surprized for not being popular here  :o :o :o   :o

Hey Alex !!!! have you landed to the Big Apple then ? Best of luck with everything !!!! Remember to change your location in your profile Sir !!! Enjoy NY !!! I love NY its such a hip place to be !!!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2011, 12:50:01 »
what about the famous toy store Schwartz????  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2011, 15:11:49 »

Not as fabulous anymore... and carries only a little Playmobil.
I didn't see anything to get too worked up about, except some cargo ships.
And of course, everything was considerably more then what you would normally pay. ::)

NY! :love:
One of the greatest places in the world I am sure! ;D
I absolutely love it. :)

I seem to have missed something though,
Alex, are you moving to NY? Or on vacation or what? ???
How long will you be there. :wave:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2011, 15:39:50 »
. . . Express and Toys R Us .... i'll have to see where are these stores ,definetly not in astoria though

Hi Alex!  Welcome to the US!  Shopping in NYC can be quite challenging - when you say "Astoria" I assume that you mean the Astoria section of the borough of Queens - is that correct?  If so, one way to locate stores that sell Playmobil is to use the "Store Locator" box on the home page of Playmobil USA.  Use the "zip code" (postal code) for your area (Astoria seems to have six zip codes:  11101, 11102, 11103, 11104, 11105, and 11106) and you will get a list of stores in the area that sell Playmobil.  Hope this helps!   :)

I would definitely suggest that you telephone the stores before visiting to see if they still carry Playmobil (or even if they are still in existence!) because I have noticed that, in my area (Boston) there are some out-of-date entries in the store lists - but at least it is a place to start! 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 15:47:06 by Indianna »
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2011, 15:44:16 »
Hi Alex!  Welcome to the US!  Shopping in NYC can be quite challenging - when you say "Astoria" I assume that you mean the Astoria section of the borough of Queens - is that correct?  If so, one way to locate stores that sell Playmobil is to use the "Store Locator" box on the home page of Playmobil USA.  Use the "zip code" (postal code) for your area (Astoria seems to have six zip codes:  11101, 11102, 11103, 11104, 11105, and 11106) and you will get a list of stores in the area that sell Playmobil.  Hope this helps!   :)

I have found in the past the this info is a bit dated so once you get the names/numbers of the stores off the list I would call to confirm the stores are still stocking playmobil and are even still physically there  ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2011, 15:46:33 »
I have found in the past the this info is a bit dated so once you get the names/numbers of the stores off the list I would call to confirm the stores are still stocking playmobil and are even still physically there  ;)

That's so funny, Rasputin!  I was amending my comment to say the same thing while you were posting your comment!  Great minds . . .  ;D

It is amazing to me that they don't do a better job with keeping this information up-to-date.  How difficult can it be?  A store places a wholesale order, you put them in the list - done.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2011, 16:03:21 »

FAO Schwarz is now owned by ToysRUs (sad but true) and there is only one physical store remaining anywhere - it is located in New York City on 5th Avenue at 58th Street in the first floor of the GM Building.  Many ToysRUS stores have a special section for FAO Schwarz items and there is an online FAO Schwarz store (they also have an ebay store -  8})  In the past, when FAO Schwarz was a real toy store and not just a "name" they had many stores around the country (mostly in big cities) and they did carry a pretty full line of Playmobil.  I will never forget the Playmobil "Boston Tea Party" scene that was on display in the Boston store many years ago - it was fabulous!  Unfortunately that was before the time of cell phone cameras so, no pix.   :'(

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2011, 00:44:58 »
Yes, that store locator thing is almost useless, I find. :hmm: Extremely outdated!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2011, 02:14:38 »
Yes, that store locator thing is almost useless, I find. :hmm: Extremely outdated!

Maybe it would be good to find things that are old (and still on the shelves).