Author Topic: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture  (Read 31455 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture
« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2011, 19:21:32 »
There are playmo ads in greek tv , very short and with a lot of pictures shown , the ' fast forward type' if you ask me

yes i've seen two of them one with the top agent's theme and one for the summer house... are they more?

Playmobil has a very strong presence in greece with almost all toyshops having its products

i'am in n.york now and i haven't seen a single desent toy store ? ??? ??? I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY PLAYMOBIL UNTIL NOW... WHAT'S GOING ON THEY DON'T SELL PLAYMOBIL IN THIS COUNTRY?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2011, 19:23:42 »
You're in NY already, Alex? I didn't realize that! Playmobil is almost unheard of here, it isn't widespread, not carried in most small toy stores. But Learning Express and Toys R Us both carry it.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2011, 19:36:16 »
You're in NY already, Alex? I didn't realize that! Playmobil is almost unheard of here, it isn't widespread, not carried in most small toy stores. But Learning Express and Toys R Us both carry it.

really ? oh noooooo  :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: this is weird because i see many auctions with playmobil from the us on ebay , playmobil is unheard in NY only or in whole the us?  :hmm: :hmm:   

Express and Toys R Us .... i'll have to see where are these stores ,definetly not in astoria though
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2011, 19:40:40 »
Well, I've never shopped for them in new york, but in the US in general, they are just not all that popular. Most people have not heard of them. But there are a lucky few of us who realize how great they are!

You can also try Tuesday Morning, Burke's Outlet, Target, and K Mart. Sometimes they have it. If one Target doesn't have it, check another. Some carry none at all and others carry quite a few things.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2011, 19:44:51 »
Well, I've never shopped for them in new york, but in the US in general, they are just not all that popular. Most people have not heard of them. But there are a lucky few of us who realize how great they are!

You can also try Tuesday Morning, Burke's Outlet, Target, and K Mart. Sometimes they have it. If one Target doesn't have it, check another. Some carry none at all and others carry quite a few things.

thanks for the information bonnie  :)  i'am surprized for not being popular here  :o :o :o   :o
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2011, 19:48:17 »
I really think if they would advertize more it would help. Here the toy everyone has heard of and no toy shop would even think of not carrying is Lego, Playmobil just is not a big name. It's better now than when I was a kid though. Back then, Toys R Us didn't even carry it! We just happened to run across it at a family run toy store that carried it back then.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2011, 19:51:47 »
I really think if they would advertize more it would help. Here the toy everyone has heard of and no toy shop would even think of not carrying is Lego, Playmobil just is not a big name. It's better now than when I was a kid though. Back then, Toys R Us didn't even carry it! We just happened to run across it at a family run toy store that carried it back then.

why they don't advertize it?  :hmm: :hmm:  there is much population here i think it would worth the money ...
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2011, 19:54:07 »
Your guess is as good as mine. Drives me crazy.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2011, 20:40:09 »
That's a question we all would like to have answered here in the USA. Another consideration maybe there are not enough dealers to satisfy a big demand if it was advertised unlike L*&@ that is carried everywhere. :-\
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2011, 22:30:28 »
Lead is unquestionably a poison and the more lead that is consumed the greater the harm done.  This is a fact.  Lead may, indeed, be everywhere but that is why it is so important to avoid it as much as possible. 
I agree, but I think the point is, that in a lot of cases it is unavoidable and we are ingesting it o a daily basis. What with the lead in my water pipes, the mercury fillings in my teeth, the arsenic in my water supply and the higher than average levels of naturally occurring radiation where I live, can I hope to live into my late eighties (dad still going strong at 87) or my 90s (my grandparents' generation who lived through 2 World Wars and no health warnings on anything. Two of them (my grandad and great aunt were smokers as well!).

I'm convinced it's the worry about all these things that gets you in the end  ;D