Author Topic: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture  (Read 31457 times)

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
Re: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture
« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2011, 22:32:20 »
I don't want my son playing with lead toys and I don't think other parents would either :no:
Didn't do me any harm!!!  I do agree, however, that Playmobil currently has its place in the world of niche toyshops. It is, for some reason, regarded as "middle class" here although it is sold in a variety of different shops. It's possibly because it is perceived to have a bit of an educational leaning that parents who want the broadest education for their child (both at home and ad school) are the types of parents who buy it.

An aggressive advertising campaign on children's TV channels would definitely be a great idea! There are so many people unfamiliar with the Playmobil brand, & don't realize the quality that is put in every toy, the introduction on TV would cause a definite increase in sales. I know my 3 year old grandson wants everything he sees on those commercials!
I don't know about aggressive, but Playmobil do advertise on television here.  We only watch one commercial channel with children's programmes on it so I don't know if they advertise on any others. We watch for an hour before school in the morning and there's usually two adverts during that time. At the moment it's just the Top Agents sets and the new Holiday sets (Vacation to you) eg the camper, the swimming pool and the house).

There are a alot of adverts for ghastly Lelly Kelly shoes and those furry ZhaZHa pet things. Makes you wonder if girls are more easily persuaded to pester their parents than boys!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2011, 02:40:06 »
It has been a long time since I watched a kids program...
Actually it hasn't, which is unsettling at best, but when I watched it with my sister I saw no adds for Playmobil.
Nor do I think I have ever seen adds for Playmobil here in the US. ???
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2011, 02:49:35 »
I've never seen one yet.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2011, 04:14:57 »
I wouldn't know if there were any in the US as our TV is only for movies we buy or rent. I do think that an aggressive advertising campaign would help increase peoples awareness of what playmobil even is, maybe people will stop referring to it as L∑&0

My wife as a kid used to ask her parent for all kinds of things for Christmas then one year her dad unplugged it and her and her sister did not ask for anything that year, so the story goes anyways  ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2011, 08:53:19 »
Well, playmobil in greece sell by themselves! Any parent, uncle, aunt, grandparent, godparent know that playmobil = highest quality and its easier for them to get rid of the headache of what should I buy  ???

I have not seen any commercials on TV but I know they exist... about a year or so I found a viking longboat forgotten at the top of a shelve, to a small town, and it costed 50 euros... the toys shop owner thanked me for helping them get rid of it but she could not make a better price because playmobil are paying so much for commenrcials and their products are so expensive because they have to take it off the final retail price...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2011, 10:39:56 »
There are playmo ads in greek tv , very short and with a lot of pictures shown , the ' fast forward type' if you ask me. Playmobil has a very strong presence in greece with almost all toyshops having its products from what i know though the past 2 years have been very tough as the same goes for all greece  :( :( :( :(
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2011, 12:04:29 »
I have been collecting for 2 yrs and only seen one or two pm commercials. Btw, I have two small kids and our tv stays on the kids network stations. Zhu zhu pets are plastered all over these networks. I believe the commercials I saw were advertising dragonland.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2011, 13:07:33 »
can someone post these pictures of the new DS catalogue as attachments in this thread please ??? i cant see them ....  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2011, 16:18:46 »
I don't like Collin having cheaply-produced toys because I know certain standards, like lead, can sneak by.  I don't want my son playing with lead toys and I don't think other parents would either :no:

For all the uproar over lead they certainly gloss over the fact that all old cars are painted with lead paint, so are old houses, fences, toys, glasses, decanters, etc.  You name it.  Not to mention all the plumbing was made from lead.  And guess what?  They've never pulled out the lead plumbing.  There's never been any type of effort to get rid of it.  And for the cost of doing it, there never will be.

So with all the talk about it people are still drinking water from lead pipes - in their homes, schools, work, museums, public facilities - you name it.

When pipes were changed to copper (early mid 20th Century), the solder used to fasten them together had lead in it too.  So you never got away from it.

So, really, what would it matter if they still used it ... because they still use it.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2011, 19:38:57 »
For all the uproar over lead they certainly gloss over the fact that all old cars are painted with lead paint, so are old houses, fences, toys, glasses, decanters, etc.  You name it.  Not to mention all the plumbing was made from lead.  And guess what?  They've never pulled out the lead plumbing.  There's never been any type of effort to get rid of it.  And for the cost of doing it, there never will be.

So with all the talk about it people are still drinking water from lead pipes - in their homes, schools, work, museums, public facilities - you name it.

When pipes were changed to copper (early mid 20th Century), the solder used to fasten them together had lead in it too.  So you never got away from it.

So, really, what would it matter if they still used it ... because they still use it.

Lead is unquestionably a poison and the more lead that is consumed the greater the harm done.  This is a fact.  Lead may, indeed, be everywhere but that is why it is so important to avoid it as much as possible. 
U.S.A.      Massachusetts