Author Topic: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture  (Read 31458 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2011, 00:14:44 »
If you want more than 9 of an item, that's where being a PCC member should over ride the limits. If you have a member number you should be allowed to buy as many as you require because you are a collector using them in displays, etc.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2011, 03:31:28 »

I agree with this totally. Though I don't think we are their main audience.....yet.

the process is done and we can't change it now, so no point complaining about it. it was the best that could be done by the time it was done with the time they had to do it. (btw I was not in the pcc)

let's share ideas for next time!  ;D

If we become their main audience they will stop producing toys. 

They've already expanded out into making plastic plant pots.  There's nothing stopping them from putting even less direction and effort into toys and more into other endeavours.  (well, there is, money)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2011, 03:33:54 »
I think that a different marketing strategy would really boost sales in the U.S. There is a small, affluent suburb outside of Chicago that has a bunch of smaller toy stores, just filled with educational toys that are not normally sold in the major mass-marketed stores, like WalMart and Target, and Playmobil sells really well at these small toy stores. I think if Playmobil marketed the well-made and educational aspect of their product, sales would really improve. I don't like Collin having cheaply-produced toys because I know certain standards, like lead, can sneak by.  I don't want my son playing with lead toys and I don't think other parents would either :no:

Absolutely. 

Look at how much marketing effort Mattel puts into their toy lines (hot wheels, barbies, etc).

There's a reason they do that.  Same with Lego.  If Playmobil did the same I can't even dream of all the new sets and expansions to existing themes (and bringing back of old ones).   ;D

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2011, 03:42:34 »
Guys let's face it! are you thinking WE should teach Geobra how and what to sell?? Really? They have been in the market for over 30 years and I don't think they loose a dime out of the choices they make wether themes are on sale for 2 years or 10.

They are not supermen.  They put their pants on in the morning one leg at a time just like the rest of us. 

If they really knew what they were doing we would never have seen themes flop the way they have. 

And you'd better believe they've lost a few dimes on those themes.  And they will be very reluctant to repeat those mistakes.

The themes that are the olde stand-bys are the ones that keep them afloat are farm, horse ranch, pirates, knights, construction (to a certain degree but last year's sets show even that isn't cut and dried as a stand-by - kind of like the western sets), city life, dollhouse, princess, fire and police.

The other keep coming and going which means that 1) Geobra is willing to risk some things to try to expand and hit new areas and 2) they really do not know what they are doing or every single theme they produce would be a 'stand-by'.

As for time being a factor for knowing what to do, I think we just need to read any newspaper from North America from the last two years (and ask all the people who lost their jobs) that just because a company has (had!) been around for many decades (or centuries) does not mean they have a clue what they are doing today and have gone out of business and bankrupt.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2011, 03:58:11 »
An aggressive advertising campaign on children's TV channels would definitely be a great idea! There are so many people unfamiliar with the Playmobil brand, & don't realize the quality that is put in every toy, the introduction on TV would cause a definite increase in sales. I know my 3 year old grandson wants everything he sees on those commercials!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2011, 05:54:10 »
...i just found out about the new items. wow....i just do not understand why i can´t see the new items in the online store. please help.
 :wave:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2011, 06:19:48 »
...i just found out about the new items. wow....i just do not understand why i can´t see the new items in the online store. please help.
 :wave:

The will probably be available from september onwards.

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2011, 06:31:58 »
Wolf : thx for the info. i am speachless about the items to be found there...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2011, 07:16:36 »
The will probably be available from september onwards.

In greece , in sep ???:love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2011, 08:40:02 »
In greece , in sep ???:love: :love: :love:

sold out in sep :) sorry :lol